i've accumulated a pile of anigifs

Comments

• you do? lovely. :)

a new one from the talented David Pope (dvdp)

i don't know the name, but he's doing doing good stuff.

i really like how, in just a few seconds, we get to "see" how the sun pulls us through the universe.
    this is a bit incorrect, btw.
  • How so? The solar system does move, and there is movement within it
  • edited March 2013
  • ^^ yes, but the relative movements are incorrect - it's not a vortex model.
  • im 'confoozed' and dont enough about astronomy so i will just assume you are correct sir! Yo!

• The only thing I know is, that the sky is held up by the mountains. As long as they keep doing it, all's right with my world.
  • im 'confoozed' and dont enough about astronomy so i will just assume you are correct sir! Yo!
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/04/vortex_motion_viral_video_showing_sun_s_motion_through_galaxy_is_wrong.html :) something like that, but without all the emotion.
  • it seems all of this is getting into way too many specifics for me, the only thing that struck me was that a lot of people did not think that the galaxy itself was moving, I like alnets and what not but have no time to completely understand or pretend to understand astronomy i just like looking. Anyway ...I do lots of hallucinogens as far as im concerned im the center of the goddamn universe and nothing else exists DMT teaches me all i REALLY need to know everything else is just fluff, pancakes and animated gifs!
  • haha, totally :)

and nothing and everything is moving and perfectly still, all the time - it's all relative, innit.
  • clicks concur
  • areyoufuckingkiddingme.gif

hehe + woah.
  • Haha, I was just thinking, okay take on an old theme, then that little fella pops up! Simple - smile on face (mine)...

• this is a bit incorrect, btw.
    you're right, chris. artistic licence was taken. ;) the anigif that shows it correctly is 704040059 terabytes. :D (artistic licence for everyone!).

the incorrect one does hint at the fact that it's all moving allllll the way down and up and sideways and sometimes even bassackwards.

• blooming flowers is one of life's anigif gifts.

so is flappy tongues!

i'd never have seen that amazing tennis recovery.. what a treat.

and the dominoes... sweet, simple and yes... something new under the (travelling) sun.

cool beans, yo.

this is my favourite of the 13 anigif compositions (damn the site loads all before showing any. it takes forever!) (is worth it) done by Yoshi Sodeoka.
  • dayum:

• oof, isn't it!
  • dayum:
  • image i'm particularly fond of this one ..not sure where i picked it up though ..tumblr maybe?
  • as you should be, Starri. that's gorgeous and a fine example of what anigifs do so well. :)
  • chris, the tire change is mesmerizing. they go through a lot of rubber! (it IS rubber, right?)

Alexey Menschikov's Journal has some interesting b/w work.
  • it is rubber, yeah. and the new rules mean that they go through a metric fuckton of tyres each race. you can see a huge amount of balled rubber, scrubbed off the tyres, and piled up just off the racing lines on the circuits.

well, you would if you managed to sit through the excruciatingly boring F1 "race".
  • i think i'd need more than popcorn. ;)

this tickled my fancy this morning

• this may be the essence of the internet:

• ^Clicks Like
    i did not believe it was all the same woman. ;) dragged to desktop and opened in Preview proved me mistaken.

the octopus is lovely.

the heaving blob is a good representation of my guts after i've eaten too much cabbage. :D

^ how my brain feels today.
  • that looks like it could be an ad for another 'ministry of sound' album.
  • How could you not believe that was the same woman?
  • edited April 2013
    i thought they'd slipped in a ringer. ;)

the faces LOOK different when it's going by really fast!

• i should have this on the wall over my desk. ;) except for the part about queasy.

• edited April 2013
    that looks quite danny glix-y ( @color )!
  • i thought they'd slipped in a ringer. ;)

the faces LOOK different when it's going by really fast!

That wpuld have been insanely hard to shoot if it was a different person, the light rolls while the face has not(barely) moved
  • i don't know from easy versus insanely hard. it's all magic to me. :)

• Matthias Brown explores facial expressions using rotoscoping and tracing.

• Waking Life Yo!
  • when is it too big for an anigif?

i have reservations when they get to be NINE MB.

so...

click the 2 MB thumbnail to see the 9 MB anigif of the internet wake/sleep cycle.
  • by contrast, this is one of my favorite "oldskool" anigifs, which weighs in at 4 kb.