Spare mobo anyone?

edited April 2007 in conversations
hmm, anyone got a spare post-sawtooth mobo lying around? preferably with 133MHz bus:) -> mail me at dmcrimson[at]blackmetal.fi

Comments

• edited 6:44AM
    What specifically are you trying to do?
    Basically, I've got a Sawtooth, but it's bugging the hell out of me - max HD size, slow memory et al. It's not in G4 case anymore, and last night, front panel boards cable had slipped off the mobo (dunno how O_o) resulting in corruption of /usr/local/bin/...

Main aim is upgrade. ATM I can't afford buying mobo, so... :P
  • edited April 2007
    The max hard drive size won't change unless you get a late Quicksilver or MDD board. A MDD board won't fit in the sawtooth case without major modifications and a new power supply, and the power supply you have won't work with a digital audio or quicksilver board.

Additionally, the higher multiplier on the board will make your processor very fast if it's a stock apple or an upgrade card specifically designed for 100mhz bus machines. It probably won't be stable. Your request is a good one in theory, but not real practical.
    hehe, forgot to mention I've not a stock CPU, but gigadesigns 1.4GHz upgrade from few years back. Hmm, what you mean with "late sawtooth"?
  • edited April 2007
    Ah crap, got to edit that. Late quicksilver.

Not all upgrade cards are considered equal. Depending on the model, it may be only a 100mhz upgrade card. Also, you're still fucked on the ($100+) power supply.

As far as drive support goes, you can use the Intech LBA48 driver, but do me a favor and DON'T boot from it. You can, but it's a PITA.

If you're really strapped for a machine, find a local university that sells their stuff at auction. All manners of new-to-you G4s pop up there.
  • edited April 2007
    Aye, found that out:P The upgrade fits both buses, and the PS can be modded, there's pinout on XYM...

Gahg, you may be right on the PS...
  • edited April 2007
    I AM right on the power supply. While there are SOME mods you can do, specifically to an ATX supply, they aren't good solutions, and if you're modding your only power supply, you may screw yourself.
    Damn! So, I'm stuck with this piece for aeons...