Make Photoshop Faster

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Sounds like the guy's starving for recognition. Here, let me Twitter you (and send you money! he's actually asking for money) because you shared a tip you probably lifted from MacOSXHints. ;)
  • edited September 2009

the fazyluckers guide to making photoshop run faster

set preferences > performance > cache levels > to "1"
    the fazyluckers guide to making photoshop run faster - cache levels set to 1

set preferences > file handling > image previews > to "never save"
    the fazyluckers guide to making photoshop run faster - image previews set to none

all donations gratefully accepted - use the paypal link on the left hand side. all proceeds to a good cause!
  • edited 5:12PM
    lol
    haha :D
    hahaha!

i love having my history states set to at least 100. i've configged my command + z to step back in my history and my shift + command + z to step forward in my history. couldn't live w/o it. :)
    Oddly enough, i hardly ever use it unless it's absolutely necessary. Don't know why, but i have feeling it's a hangup from using Photoshop back in the day on much less powerful macs, knowing you had to squeeze every ounce of performance from PS, without crashing your work.
  • you never undo? you are truly l337
    as long as you use non-destructive techniques, it's not that much of a problem, i wouldn't have thunk.

of course, these non-destructive techniques probably bump up ram usage more than having the undo states available :D
    Exactly :D Non-destructive all the way. (can be slow, noticed an A2 1gb comp struggled a little on my imac yesterday with scratch disks and ram maxed for PS)... Time for a Mac Pro methinks..