A little html/css help please?

edited May 2007 in creations
I am working on this site here but I have run into a problem. I am getting blue boxes around my image links and I can't for the life of me figure out why and it's not in safari, it's in Firefox and IE (of course). The link to the CSS file is here (not that I think it will help much, must be in the html page, right?). Any help I can get would be much appreciated. I'm sure it's something small and stupid I overlooked but my eyes are starting to glaze over.

Comments

• edited 9:51PM
    maybe set the image borders to zero?
    a img {border: 0;}
  • edited May 2007
    crankyboy:a img {border: 0;}
    another possibility -

a img {border: none 0;}
    Of course, thanks. That worked beautifully. That's what I get for starting to code (kinda) by hand, you don't a have a palette full of options staring at you.
  • edited May 2007
    you just need:
    img {border: 0;}

no need for the a, unless you've speciffied a global border for all the images, and with the a you would be "filtering" only the images with a link.
    thats true but it is only manifest within a link and then only in certain browsers - horses for courses

i usually put these bits and pieces into a separate 'browser glitches' css file
    wow does this look like crap in Explorer. damn.
    seems ok but i only have explorer here to see it

is the broder not gone on yours?

try a force refresh
    urbansurgeon:seems ok but i only have explorer here to see it

is the broder not gone on yours?

try a force refresh
    The blue div container around my navigation is missing and the margins set for my content was ignored.
    websnap:The blue div container around my navigation is missing and the margins set for my content was ignored.
    what blue div?

your navigation doesn't need to be single images, you can use text and a repeting background with the back image (like you did with the footer)
    yeah, you want to make that navigational menu a list of links instead.

<ul> <li>link 1</li> <li>link 2</li> <li>link 3</li> </ul>

and style from there.
    yeah, and then:
    .classForNavigation ul {margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline;} .classForNavigation li {height: 21px; float: left; list-style: none; display: inline; padding: 6px 7px 0 7px; background: url(pathToBackgound/bgImage.gif) repeat-y;}
    adjust to your needs...