rube goldberg machines (was: Google Science Fair Experiment)

edited May 2016 in creations

Comments

• edited 1:48PM
    It's an overused approach (and Honda's is still the best being the original) but I like it...
    (honda's is hardly original, right? :D)

but yeah...
    Well, kind of, in commercial not record breakers domino terms, weren't they?
    This one:
    well, all I meant about the (un)originality of it was this -
    Controversy arose, however, when the producers of the 1987 documentary The Way Things Go accused the team behind Cog of plagiarising their work.
    But I guess wieden+Kennedy (like allll ad agencies) 'repurpose' work for the good of their bank accounts ;)

Cog on t'wiki
  • edited January 2011
    Yes I got what you meant really, that's why I made the comment... I can't remember who it was but I saw an ad on TV the other night that was 'reinterpreting' the approach and thought to myself "that old chestnut" ...got quite annoyed with them! :happy:
    chris said...
    Controversy arose, however, when the producers of the 1987 documentary The Way Things Go accused the team behind Cog of plagiarising their work.
    Cog on t'wiki
    You know too much! ;)
    The Ok Go Rube Goldberg machine is my personal favourite by far. It really blows the sorry Honda ad out of the water :D

Useless Rube Goldberg trivia
    jussi-k said...The Ok Go Rube Goldberg machine is my personal favourite by far. It really blows the sorry Honda ad out of the water :D

Useless Rube Goldberg trivia
    Yes, they win! ...for now?

~ You know too much too!!

:happy:
  • saw this earlier this week. that is fucking awesome!!! :)