Best film review, ever!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    jesse said...The Town. Quite good, ending was a bit soft for me. Nice tension and action though. B+
    I enjoyed it, too! 8.4/10

And about the ending - they could have not shown the [hide]Part where she dug it up, or the bit with the kids practicing after the anon donation. Surely everyone knew that anyway?

He should have been torn apart in a bloody hail of bullets, in an epic slo-mo pan.[/hide]
  • edited 6:34PM
    28 extra minutes? Fuck me, it was long enough to start with @ 2.5 hours. I think I'd happily sacrifice the extra minutes for the good pace.
    chris said...28 extra minutes? Fuck me, it was long enough to start with @ 2.5 hours. I think I'd happily sacrifice the extra minutes for the good pace.
    Congratz. You watched the extended cut :)
    actually im with chris on this~ i watched both versions and think the theatrical was better
    i liked the movie though
    but still insists The Social Network was the best movie made this year
    Watched True Grit last night it gets a 'good stuff' rating!
    HOLY SHIT is my rating for '127 Hours' fan fucking tastic-fucking awesome
    right then awesomerockwell - where are you watching these? is there a 720p+ version of black swan and 127 hours available for viewing at discounted rate*?

[hide]*completely free by downloading from the internets[/hide]
    oscar screeners are all out and about tis the season
    cool, i expect a link via whisper for me to download an awesome quality version of it, then ;)
    Because of the festive season I watched:

Going the distance B- B+ (instantly drawn to band "The Boxer Rebellion")
    Home Alone A
    Home Alone 2 A*
    The Fighter B-B*
    Stone C
    Shrek Forever A*
    Black Swan B*
    Legend of the Guardians A
    Legacy B
    Unstoppable C
    Tron Legacy 3D B*-A
    Skyline C
    shrek forever after - i was nearly in tears :)
    ^^^^ for realz? I figured everybody on here was 'in the know'
    I feel like this is ruined. F
    The thread?
    Discussions are meant to go off topic,that’s why they are called discussions
    I saw Predators the other day.

Middle hour was boring, rest was as expected. D-
    started watching community last night, got through 5 or so episodes (whilst drinking steadily), and i must say, C+, rising to a solid B-or-so in parts!
    Black Swan - Great cinematography, great acting, weird ending. Would watch again. A-
    aww come on, someone let me download black swan from them then, jesus :D
  • edited January 2011
    Predators: D-
    Knight and Day: C-
    Toy Story 3: B-
    Great Expectations (1946): B+
    knight and day, luls :D
    [hide]teh wife chose it :([/hide]
    dude, i downloaded it, mainly due to the top gear review of it ;)

it wasn't all that bad, she looks mighty fine in a bikini, i'm sure you'd agree.
    she's not my cuppa tea, but I probably would :D
    Damn had all these films to watch, but all on hold, as Sons of Anarchy is shiznit.
    ^ ain't it mesk :)
    Animal Kingdom. If you get a chance to see this, do. A+
    The Town: C+ (coulda got a B if that fella wasn't in it, innit)

The Social Network: B++, surprisingly good
    Black Swan. C

Natalie Portman playing with herself. Scary Make Up. Stabby Stab Stab. Ballet. Yawn.
    Four lions. Wrong and very funny at times. I'm just not sure what his point was. er B-
    Oh, and the social network. Great, kind of surprisingly. If I was Zuckerberg I would be pretty happy with that portrayal. A
    Also Easy A. I laughed a lot, the girl in it is really funny, as is stanley tucci. B
    Has anyone seen Big River Man? strangest documentary I have ever seen. C+
  • edited February 2011
    wow, i managed to get through about 7 minutes of Easy A before looking for something else. weird.
    death race, D-

would watch again :D haha
    Why do people keep saying social network is 'surprisingly' good...david fincher is awesome director, Aaron Sorkin kick as writer, and everyone in cast kickass actor, this was touted for the academy the day it came out?
    The movie ruled...127 Hours also fantastic and im sickened im the only fazer who has seen it
    For me I think it was because for ages I paid no attention to it and always just regarded it as "the Facebook movie". I didn't expect Zuckerberg (or at least the portrayal) to be almost exactly like someone I know. And, I didn't expect the story to be that well told. The film was pretty much off my radar, I might not have even bothered seeing it if I wasn't on a plane :/

Red: B+ loltastic comedy action with all-star cast

Let Me In: B I feel bad about watching this US remake of Let The Right One In but I was bored on the plane. Now I'll watch the original
    Okay off films again - now watching the thoroughly amazing Diablo Cody written, United States of Tara. Soooooo good, it hurts.
    127 hours is on my must watch list! I just never have any time to watch any movies!
    I love Fincher's movies. I wasn't surprised that the movie was good, only at how much i liked it. It got a lot of hype and often things don't live up to expectations.

A N I M A L K I N G D O M. See it.
    The American – B
    The Mechanic: Some good bits, generally sh*t. C
    jesse said...I love Fincher's movies. I wasn't surprised that the movie was good, only at how much i liked it. It got a lot of hype and often things don't live up to expectations.

A N I M A L K I N G D O M. See it.
    Started, but nodded off - not because of the film mind, i was exhausted - and woke up at the end to see missus in tears.

I'll try this weekend, although she said she wouldn't watch it again. ~Gulp!
    meska said...

Started, but nodded off - not because of the film mind, i was exhausted - and woke up at the end to see missus in tears.

I'll try this weekend, although she said she wouldn't watch it again. ~Gulp!
    A++. I wouldn't let Olivia watch it.
    SALT - Jason Bourne with a vagina - C
    haha
    nicko said...SALT - Jason Bourne with a vagina - C
    did you expect that to be 'surprisingly good' too, i cant even bring myself to watch that crap, but if
    watch something like that it seems it should be graded on some different scale, something like
    c for overall movie, but maybe a B for action movie crap...
    chris said...death race, D-

would watch again :D haha
    orsonrockwell said...... it seems it should be graded on some different scale, something like
    c for overall movie, but maybe a B for action movie crap...
    that's the only reason death race got a D- :D

but i would watch it again. in fact, i have deathrace 2 to watch (i'm not holding my breath, of course...)