the great big GUI thread

Comments

• edited September 2009
    chris said... in "new iphone home screen"new iphone home screen
    You can see from the screens it’s essentially just a scrollable list of applications and notifications. We envision it behaving in much the same way that the list view does in the Calendar application. By default it may track things like missed calls, unread emails and calendar events. But what if users could allow other apps to feed into this screen as well? If I’m a Facebook junkie I’d be able to tell the Facebook app to include certain feeds on my home screen. If I was a frequent traveler I may include the Tripit app to show me my upcoming trips. The options would only be limited by what apps you have installed.
    teehanlax.com's redisigned iphone home screen concept. make is so already!
  • edited 10:31AM
    Wow, that's really nice!
    wonderwall interior designer's website
    wonderwall website gui

rollover, excuse the noises, click to select project.
  • edited January 2010
    iconic - A minimal, yet unique icon set that's 100% free.

Meet Iconic. A minimal, yet unique icon set that's 100% free.

Iconic is a minimal set of icons consisting of 96 marks in raster and vector formats — free for public use.
    thanks, man - i was literally searching for stuff like that just today at work :)
    Cool, meant to post this myself this morning.
    and...

• edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Homescreen Mockup

By the way, you can have this on a Jailbroken phone, it's called Lockinfo and you can get additional plugins for Things, RSS feeds etc..
    warn me - iphone speed camera app
    'warn me' iphone app
  • edited August 2010
    watch this -

chris said...watch this -

yeah, i think turntables are legacy dj equipment soon.

i only watched this once, but .. i swear i don't see the cross-fader. (mentioned in the comments, so i looked.)
  • edited September 2010

this looks like a pretty sweet quoting system for blog use

A demonstration of the respond to highlighted text control.

iconwerk - CorelDRAW icon system development

More than 500 icons for the new CorelDRAW X4 suite.
    This is a mockup of a dynamic floating inspector palette — a smart inspector. This inspector draws from the callout HUD/ 'Attatched Window' design, but adds some key features like motion, and auto-close.

I present the current problem until 2:00, then show my animated mockup as a possible solution from 2:10.

Built using Quartz Composer. More info at UIandus.com
    Interactive Exploration of a Dynamical System

A user interface for exploring systems of differential equations. Every variable is shown as a plot; every parameter has a knob that can be adjusted in realtime. This ubiquitous visualization and in-context-manipulation helps the user develop a sense for how the parameters of the system influence its behavior.

Part of the Kill Math project: worrydream.com/​KillMath

By Bret Victor: worrydream.com
    This is a bit beyond me, but has interesting possiblities.

Facial gestures.
    FaceOSC is a tool for prototyping face-based interaction.
    Some of the "face gestures" (or metrics) are more stable than others. Lighting can also have a huge influence on the stability of your values: even lighting from the front coupled with a dark background can give the best results.

this vid shows how he is using FaceOSC to manipulate a font.

• That is really cool.. but why do I see multiple pile ups cause your paying more attention to the screen than the road.. LOL
  • hah yeah, perhaps :D

here's another version of the same kind of technology, used in a far safer setting :D

• Hell ya...

wonder what the max size on this is.

An 6' x 8' window would be so freaking cool.
  • Gee.. Dear Santa.

Can I have these plz.

• edited February 2012

woah! @ a lot of this :)
    The new system, which will be in 30 taxis to start, will allow passengers to swipe their credit card at any point in the ride, before the trip has ended. There is no need to sign pieces of paper either; passengers can sign the screen in the back of the cab with their finger and then have a receipt sent to their phone by e-mail or text message.

Instead of the traditional blaring screens, these taxis will be outfitted with Square’s latest hardware — an iPad encased in a black metal sleeve that is connected to a credit card swiper. The screen displays a slick Apple-like design of New York too, showing information about your location, fare and route.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/with-new-hardware-square-begins-taxi-rollout/

Square Register is a minimalist design created by American-based designer Tinkering Monkey. The design was conceived for the use of small-business owners in conjunction with the iPad's Square credit card reader. The simplistic design of the square register allows its use to be ubiquitous across any and all business situations. Square Register comes in 100% Baltic birch plywood white acrylic, and black acrylic.
  • this is reminiscent of the 'ipod nano watch' idea of old (too lazy to search and link *ahem*)

Touch Skin - OLED touch screen and downloadable, customizable skins

Awarded third place in the 2012 Deign That Performs competition by Samsung

Touch Skin is the ultimate digital accessory – A touch sensitive watch that combines tradition and transcendence via classic minimalist analogue watch design.

Touch Skin fits in neatly with existing gadgets and is thought of as an accessory that can follow you in all situations of your daily life. From the morning when you wake, customize the look of the watch to match your dress code with the build- in watch designs. If you are not satisfied you can always connect the watch to your computers Bluetooth and download new skins or design your own from the Touch Skin App. Touch Skin is not seen as a smartphone watch, however future skin development opens up to this direction.
  • Ohhh, like the watch!

...its looks at least, couldn't be bothered reading the text!

Visual person :D
  • all you need to know is "touch screen" and "customisable skins" - i like the idea of it, too :D