Safari in Ubuntu..

edited July 2009 in conversations
I got it working. Oh? You don't care, O well heh... :depressed:

Comments

• edited 8:01PM
    its not hard though right?
    You using WINE? Or just running WebKit/Konqueror?
  • edited July 2009
    flak said...You using WINE? Or just running WebKit/Konqueror?
    I meant to say ..Safari in Ubuntu (flak) cause i knew you'd come along.. Ya.. in WINE.. heh.. it was fun setting it up..(XP Safari) But I've only got safari 3.0.1 running.. Updated to 4.0.2 ..And it killed it . I did get Flash working, but not Shockwave.. I think part of my problems were a bad font install. But go here to Play..

http://ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008/03/howto-install-safari-on-ubuntu-with-flash-and-shockwave-hulu-youtube-shockwave-works.html

Easy Instructions. Have fun..
    Nice! You really using Ubuntu for everything, blues?
  • edited July 2009
    flak said...Nice! You really using Ubuntu for everything, blues?
    i'm using OSX as my main.. XPSP3 for some things.. And Ubuntu for fun.. I stopped using Backtrack as they went to a Kubuntu distro and the progs i use for wifi with my Ralink R73 I can use in Ubuntu.. (aircrack-ng, kismet, etc--- i did my first "man in the middle" at a coffee shop last week) :tongue: I changed the coffeeshop's SSID to"I'll Steal yer Shit" and people would log into it.. go figure... And no I did not steal anyone's info.. I was more interested if I could do this... the sad thing was..people actually logged into my comp//let their info flow through it with the name I gave it... 80% of the users were mac users.. Don't be surprised ,Most mac users have airport set up to automatically log into the first,strongest wifi it sees. As long as they get online quickly, they rarely bother to check the SSID they are on..... So..just a lesson if you do this and you travel.. Does it get worse? yep.. after I got you on Linux since I'm running in a VB(Virtual Box) I can switch to OSX and run a program (unnamed ) that pulls up a browser and I can see everything you do in real time.. Always make sure in your Airport configuration..You check "Ask to Join new networks" And check "Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out" mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk?

Oh.. The snooping does get boring.. Last time I did it in a coffeehouse.. I ended up following a woman who was shopping for shoes..lmao..
    ~shudders
    urbansurgeon said...~shudders
    Want a snuggle?
  • edited July 2009
    urbansurgeon said...How to use electrical outlets and cheap lasers to steal data
    I already read that.. What about a snuggle? Put the taser down,please.... mmmmm, mmmm, ihcra you feel manly.. oops.
    Heh, nice. Yeah, a lot of new Mac users have a false sense of security - Macs are much better, but not bulletproof.