Comments

• edited 10:12PM
    best view it in HI-REX on the youtoob site, yo
    chris said...soho
    hotness™

Nice 1 chris ;)
    Please post the sources where you find these posters, don't just post the pics.
    i love letterpress people. they're so... hands on. :)

this captured my eye and my imagination.

click for bigger.
    keep calm you c*nts
    orsome
    art hate
    i can't guarantee this is a poster, but if it's not, it should be.

8=bit Mario
    Here's a sneak peak at my piece for the 8-Bit & Beyond show, titled "Mushroom Recession"
    Jude Buffum
    laser etched leather poster
    laser etched leather, yo.
    Now that is baaaaaaaad (good).
    I initially designed these as self-promotional works but word gets around and last week I received an email from the IYA 09 that they thought the posters were great and would like to use them for their promotional work - this was awesome and I of course said yes.
    Link
    These two make me wet.

Whoa!

And more whoa!
    yus
    nicko said...
    http://theluxuryofprotest.com/Maths_Dreamed_Universe.html
    oh man, i want that on my wall.

ROLAND REINER TIANGCO
    fucking cool!

does it come with wetwipes?
    cool idea for the smart people. i can easily see the morons going "wtf? ARGH!!!" :D
    ha!

maybe use chocolate powder instead of toner (i don't know that it's toner, but that was my first thought) , too.

wetwipes wouldn't be needed if it was choc. ;)
    I totally am digging this thread. Love the idea of thinking out of the box with toner, if that is what it is. Yes mick....if chocolate was used, there would be no need for wet wipes. :smile:
    I'd probably eat a chocolate poster.

My gorgeous wife bought this for me for Christmas

poster

I ♥ her
    :) awwww (it's an excellent poster, too).

tea ftw
    google before you tweet is the new think before you speak
    star skull poster
    can't remember where i found this, but it's tre cool!
    can i think of a tshirt as a soft poster?

el vetica

at the Feedstore
    this one isn't soft.

via Beautiful Life

• edited June 2010
    ^^ I love that guy's posters
    these posters are part of a project that didn't get to complete (all six can be seen at the link).

Two years ago, a leading paper company charged Jessica Helfand and me with commissioning six designers to create posters inspired by the word Sustainability. The outcome was designs by Marian Bantjes, Bruce McCall, Christoph Niemann, Michael C. Place, Paula Scher and Winterhouse. The series was cancelled when the paper company sold its U.S. operations after printing and distributing only the Bantjes, Niemann and Scher works. But we we didn't consider this premature end a tragedy; making a pitch for sustainability in a thousand printed posters seemed problematic at the time, and today the issue is even more clouded.

We are pleased to provide all six posters to our readers through high-resolution download, perhaps a more appropriate mode of distribution.

via Design Observer
    Those don't really work (imo)
    i'm a traditionalist, i guess... i like my posters taller than they are wide. :D

it's interesting for me to see the (now) classic designer's styles interpret the Sustainability concept.
    i like lurid, too. ;)

click pic to go to John Matos' site
    this delighted me so much that i came back here today especially to show it to .... ;) anyone.

The Small Stakes
    hard to decide... art? typography? pure silliness?

i vote: poster.

painted with wine (appropriate/Bukowski):

Wine Canvas
    and .... just because....

he was such a curmudgeon. ;)

There seems to be a problem with the thread title and the content.

These are not awesomely designed posters :depressed:
    nicko said...There seems to be a problem with the thread title and the content.

These are not awesomely designed posters :depressed:
    Hey, don't get upset!

But you might be right ;)
  • edited August 2010
    heh!

since "awesome" is subjective....

and "poster" eh... wikipedia says it well
    A poster is any piece of printed paper designed to be attached to a wall or vertical surface. Typically posters include both textual and graphic elements, although a poster may be either wholly graphical or wholly text. Posters are designed to be both eye-catching and/or convey information. Posters may be used for many purposes. They are a frequent tool of advertisers (particularly of events, musicians and films), propagandists, protesters and other groups trying to communicate a message. Posters are also used for reproductions of artwork and are generally low-cost compared to original artwork. Another type of poster is the educational poster, which may be about a particular subject for educational purposes.
    and since the artist offers print reproductions, it works for me.

:) consider the typed/scanned buk-prose a bonus. (though one might want to frame it, who knows?)

x
    i'm not sure the criticisms are limited to the latest post, to be honest ;)
    mick said...heh!

since "awesome" is subjective....

and "poster" eh... wikipedia says it well
    A poster is any piece of printed paper designed to be attached to a wall or vertical surface. Typically posters include both textual and graphic elements, although a poster may be either wholly graphical or wholly text. Posters are designed to be both eye-catching and/or convey information. Posters may be used for many purposes. They are a frequent tool of advertisers (particularly of events, musicians and films), propagandists, protesters and other groups trying to communicate a message. Posters are also used for reproductions of artwork and are generally low-cost compared to original artwork. Another type of poster is the educational poster, which may be about a particular subject for educational purposes.
    and since the artist offers print reproductions, it works for me.

:) consider the typed/scanned buk-prose a bonus. (though one might want to frame it, who knows?)

x
    chris said...i'm not sure the criticisms are limited to the latest post, to be honest ;)
    I don't read it that way either...
  • edited August 2010
    ...and to be fair most of the stuff here ^ does offer amusement more than inspiration ...nicko's comment gave me food for thought...

I need more inspiration :)
    The last inspirational piece of work posted in this thread was on 8 January.

8 months ago :depressed:
    are you folks really low on inspiration? i can't imagine.

:)
    nicko said...The last inspirational piece of work posted in this thread was on 8 January.

8 months ago :depressed:
    Yes, I liked that too
  • edited August 2010
    not that i'm saying that's a bad poster, nicko, but the last 'awesomely designed' poster in here was posted on Jun 1st 2010, by me.

and it was a series of 6 posters.
  • edited February 2011