the great big awesomely designed poster thread

Comments

• edited 3:59PM
    typo blaster
    Shepard Fairey's poster done gratis for the protests against banning gay marriage.

fist of power

well, not that awesomely but a very nice idea
    he's done some good stuff, and some .. ok stuff.

i'm really tired of people imitating him. :) that's given me Fairey fatigue. the gratis work was a good gesture, though.

not like he can't knock out those fairey posters at quite a lick these days, though ;)
    chris said...not like he can't knock out those fairey posters at quite a lick these days, though ;)
    i've just got Fairey fatigue, as i said. yeah, he can knock 'em out; i bet he secretly tries new styles and techniques, but knows what sells.

nicko, that's really pleasing to my eye. i tried to backtrack the url for a better look, but 5 minutes on the inspiration lab site didn't get me anywhere. :) i can't read the sample. ('cept for Beethoven.)
    mick, it's just a gig poster by joseph müller-brockmann (and i guess it's in german, too).
    how nice! :) i like it plain and without words, too.

resistance is futile

okay, the standard poster isn't that awesome. but i like the idea to create an animated movie poster for the internet crowd: terminator: salvation motion poster
    Hot Chip Laser Cut Poster by Wallzo
    available at blanka
    that's beautiful.

it's a shame to put this on the same page.

glitter's shameless, though.

glitter
  • edited December 2008
    to make up for that ^ :)

this isn't really a poster, but a desktop, but i'd put it on my wall.

clickit for bigger (from AisleOne)
    fuckin' A

inner child

christmas by colour

A not-for-profit exploration into the colours that shape our Christmas. Frustrated at the plethora of Christmas reds, whites and greens those pesky designers at Raw Design Studio are exploring what colours people really associate with their Christmas.

Help us to identify the real Christmas colour spectrum by suggesting your own colour and its personal meaning. Abstract, funny or literal - the choice is yours. We'll be collating and uploading the best ideas as we go along with the aim of producing a Christmas by Colour poster as well as individual v-cards.
    that's a good idea! my yellow snow would be a bit more orangey... lots of tumeric in last night's lentils. ;)

Bicycle simplicity

i posted this one in desktops, but it's only one of five free posters available for download from Readymade.
    mine would be a bit more orangey as well... lots of steroids over the past 40months!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    ^

marylin monroe homage poster

hotlinkin' forbidden, yo
    Balls
    you picked the best one, though (imo). though, i do like the che one, too :)
    Ya
    i like the black dot (mole) ^

was gonna be
  • edited December 2008
    the latest from Gregory Blackstock.

artist's supplies

a previous poster of his that i like:

saws

his collection (hosted on The Morning News) is fun to cruise through. Blackstock's Collection
    pillage before plunder
    not sure if this has been posted already (i think it may have). the backstory is pretty cool, though -

Established in San Francisco in 2002 by renown writer Dave Eggers and educator Nínive Calegari, 826 is a unique organization that tutors and provides workshops for kids ages six to eighteen on writing and ultimately on creative expression. The San Francisco building where the classes took place, located at 826 Valencia Street (hence the name 826), was zoned commercial and the logical thing to do was to set up a pirate supply storefront which, according to David Byrne, is "definitely one of the top five pirate stores."

ted talks here
    hehe

this must be from the series that included a bubblewrap printed poster, right?
    Dunno, but here's another:

ok, that one could be very cool, i have to say.
    (or could end up sounding a little 'rolf harris-ey' :D)
    lulz
    Noice! a good idea I havent seen (or heared) before!
    Oh, look!

aye, that's the one!
    Baby Steps to Graphic Design
    orsum!
    Typographic Poster site - awesome link, cheers.
    sweet
    ignore this poster
    hehe
    turkey vulture
    nicko said...
    anyone know what that title font is?