photographs

edited April 2008 in creations
post some photos you've photomagraphed!

this came out of an ongoing project at work, recently

Comments

• edited 9:04PM
    this was going to be april photos only, but at this rate, maybe it could be 2008 photos? :)

• Ve.Ve.
    edited April 2008
    a bit closer up and some of these are perfect candidates for *what is it*...I'm just saying...

• Ve.Ve.
    edited 9:04PM
    exACtly *like*...
    :smile:

(P.S. nice snaps, middi)
    why thank you ve.
    a couple from todays 488 :o

haven't even sifted through a quarter of them yet :)

see the delivery van that decided to park right behind the car that had reflectors, lights and tripods set up around it, rather than any of the other empty spaces in the vicinity...
    and if they are flickr based add them to the fazylucker pool
    fazyluckr
  • edited May 2008
    some new'uns from today

:)
  • Ve.Ve.
    middi...

You have :
    a.) a good *eye*.

b.) some very cool stuff to snap!

Thanks for sharing them!:smile:
    thank you ve. :)
    From last week:

image image

• Ve.Ve.
    Oh nicko! How wonderful!!!!!!

These tell me you and your family had a beautiful holiday! THANKS for sharing!!!
    cool nicko :)
    Thanks guys :smile:
    your kids have certainly got some long eyelashes, nicko..:surprised:
  • edited May 2008
    Well why not throw up some of my stuff, this is from India, I'll put more up when I get back from Thailand and Cambodia

If you guys and gals want to check out some of my work : http://nicholasdynan.com
    where did you go in India mate?

I spent some time there a few years ago, Bangalore, Mysore, Madras and Goa.
    Sunrise this AM

This morning's sunrise.
  • Ve.Ve.
    wow. Now THAT is niiiice!
    All of those are from ahmedabad but I went to south Goa. It was an experience. I had 3 days in ahmedabad and 5 in goa then back to ahmedabad for 2 days. My brother has a fullbright scholarship and is teaching at the National Institute of Design in ahmedabad so i was able to visit. As overwhelming as ahmedabad was, goa felt very false to me. It was almost a cheap knock-off of a resort.
    red sky at morning, shepherd's warning :o
    tobiko said...All of those are from ahmedabad but I went to south Goa. It was an experience. I had 3 days in ahmedabad and 5 in goa then back to ahmedabad for 2 days. My brother has a fullbright scholarship and is teaching at the National Institute of Design in ahmedabad so i was able to visit. As overwhelming as ahmedabad was, goa felt very false to me. It was almost a cheap knock-off of a resort.
    I kinda know what you mean there. After spending a lot of time in un touched India, Goa felt a little to resort like to me. We stayed at the Taj holiday viallage at Fort Aguada which was lovely by hotel / resort standards but a lot of Goa felt a bit false. Maybe I saw the wrong parts? !

The whole country was overwhelming to me and it was a trip of a lifetime :)
    this is veering off the photographs topic but whatever. . .
    It's nice to know that there is someone who had the same experience. We stayed at the MG house in Ahmedabad, which is a very nice hotel converted from a palace. It was very overwhelming to go out into the streets and come back , the contrast between the two was startling. Being with my brother and his girlfriend who have lived there, it was nice to get a view of the city that was a little less touristy. Nonetheless, as a westerner, walking down the street you get starred at and the hardest thing to accept was the fact that everyone wanted to scam or cheat me out of money. I understand the drive to do better in life and the need for monetary gain, however I felt that countless times, money was placed over human decency. I tried very hard to accept this and place myself in Indian's shoes, knowing how different American culture is from Indian culture but it is still pretty difficult.
    Like I was saying Goa is a "fake-resort" in my mind. You have these amazing hotels and complexes but right outside there are people hawking goods and harassing you. It is almost this relaxed lifestyle mixed with the pressure that I found in India.
    north side of the house is looking psychedelic these days.

mostly the crabapple's fault.

you're right. :) i didn't take these.

x
  • pjpj
    most of these were taken in Bisbee, AZ or the Dragoon Mountains...

and these last two are from a white trash prom we got randomly invited to by a bunch of people who were in Bisbee from Phoenix, which was quite heelarious.

the top pics are pretty great, peej. the colours in the landscape are so evocative. white trash party? :awkward: i'm sure you had fun in spite of the theme; that's a knack you have that i admire.

i put the lily pic in the wrong thread yesterday. chris posted his motorcycle pic to remind me, i'm sure. heh. (btw.. zoomzoom!)

so .. recent garden the oriental lily bulbs and siberian iris roots were gifts. the iris are going to be moved down by the pond. they're way too vivid up close. the thistles are just starting to bloom. :) i like the steely purple colour of the blossoms and the fact that the deer don't eat them, so they don't need to be planted in a protected area.

lily

iris

thistle
  • cbcb
    Southern France

Just in the process of sorting images from France including the Pyrenees and images from the Tour de France earlier this month. Just need more hours in the day! grrr! :smile:
    i love this thread. prettiness. I'm going to steal some and put them on rotation on my desktop.
    that is hott, cb. welcome aboard, too!
    MB pier scope

HB Sand

Pre-falls #1
  • cbcb
    edited July 2008
    thanks for the welcome chris :wink:
    more shots here:
    view from window
    peak
    lock
    peleton
    here's some off the weekend

Roker Harbour, Sunderland UK

River Wear, Sunderland

Eerie Mist

Moored In Misty Harbour
    great pics cb... and welcome also :smile:
    fantastic cb
    From a photojournalism workshop in Cambodia. Fishing communities on the Tonle Sap Lake.

Nice tobiko... I especially like this pic:

I'd probably 'shop out the pole coming from the top of her head though :smile:
    i'd like to but it is going to be published as photojournalism so no PS.
    Oh OK. Did I mention that she's very attractive yet? nyuh-huh :smile:
  • CPUCPU
    some snaps from our last hollidays:

stunning photos from you all!

more goodness.

ceep! i crave to climb that tree. where did you go? (happy doggie, too)

middi, sometimes you just catch something perfectly. :) i got a little shiver looking at that last pic you posted.
  • Ve.Ve.
    VERY nice...ALL of these snaps...!
    cheers mick and ve ;)
  • edited August 2008

i promised my wife breakfast this morning will be excellent - and it fucking was :)
    small breakfast be :)
    there was more, trust me :)