LR

LR

Land Rover LRX Concept
  • edited 2:19PM
    you know, that's quite nice. weird.
    Weird?
    wow. i'm impressed, i like that a great deal. very nice.
    It will probably built here in Liverpool as well. My friend is a photographer at Jaguar and he sent me the press release for this the other day.

One of the biggest stars of the show, and most telling about the climate of the industry, is Audi's R8 V12 TDI Concept. As its name suggests, Audi engineers stuffed an efficient V-12 turbodiesel engine into their top-of-the-line sports car, producing 500hp and 738lb-ft of torque. (That'll get you to ticket speed in a hair over four seconds.) The engine is already compliant with Euro VI emissions rules that go into effect in 2014.

The styling enhancements are minor but hugely impactful. In addition to larger air intakes and nicely sculpted ground effects, there is an enormous intake set into the glass roof. The result makes the already aggressive standard issue R8 look downright anemic.

The marriage of high performance and high efficiency is not a new concept to Audi: their diesel powered R10 race car has been dominating Le Mans for the past two years. Two years ago the V12 TDI got some confused looks, but today the world is ready for its first fuel efficient supercar.

via: core77
    chris said...

One of the biggest stars of the show, and most telling about the climate of the industry, is Audi's R8 V12 TDI Concept. As its name suggests, Audi engineers stuffed an efficient V-12 turbodiesel engine into their top-of-the-line sports car, producing 500hp and 738lb-ft of torque. (That'll get you to ticket speed in a hair over four seconds.) The engine is already compliant with Euro VI emissions rules that go into effect in 2014.

The styling enhancements are minor but hugely impactful. In addition to larger air intakes and nicely sculpted ground effects, there is an enormous intake set into the glass roof. The result makes the already aggressive standard issue R8 look downright anemic.

The marriage of high performance and high efficiency is not a new concept to Audi: their diesel powered R10 race car has been dominating Le Mans for the past two years. Two years ago the V12 TDI got some confused looks, but today the world is ready for its first fuel efficient supercar.

via: core77

OOOOHHH!!! A Clarkson-killer!! :) :)
  • edited January 2008
    Scirocco said...OOOOHHH!!! A Clarkson-killer!! :) :)
    we can but hope.

Welcome to the world of Decotora, short for decorated trucks! This pretty colourful aspect of Japanese pop culture has been extensively explored by photographer Masaru Tatsuki who spent ten years with the truckers of Japan’s highways.
    vw beetle
    chris said...image

2006 Dodge Challenger Concept
    Apparently, the American muscle car is back for good. Like the Chevy Camaro concept, the Dodge 2006 Challenger ($TBA) is one good lookin' beast. Based on the iconic 1970 model, the HEMI-powered concept was designed with the essential attributes of a muscle car — "distinctly American; mega horsepower; pure, minimal, signature lines; aggressive air-grabbing grille; and bold colors and graphics." Yep, that about sums it up.
    the 2008 dodge srt8

the dodge made it to the chicago show - looks nice in silver, too :)
    i think i prefer the wheels from the concept model though.
    lego man helmet

lego man helmet :)
    Ha ha :happy:
    I love the helmet - and I gotta wonder if it's been the cause of a few accidents. GREAT idea :)
    Nice door. Nasty car
    eeee... i'm still trying to decide on it's spoof-ness atm. looks pretty cool though.
    ducati 848

this should have been posted here a while back... it's available now. baby version of the 1098, no race class to fit it in, it's just a road bike (should be quicker than the daddy 999 too) noice, eh?
    Not enough wheels on that :happy:
    But yeah... I'd ride it... when the weather's nice :happy:
    i'm going to move to somewhere where it's warm for most of the year and buy one.
    baibai!
    :happy:

Wooden supercar - read more

A US designer is working on the world's first wooden supercar. The Splinter wooden supercar /joeharmondesign.com 2008

Joe Harmon, 27, started the project with other students at North Carolina State University to see whether it was possible to build a performance car out of wood. Their creation - the Splinter - should be completed later this year and they believe it should be capable of speeds in excess of 240mph.
    Ha ha. Brilliant.
    ariel atom 500

New Atom has double power to weight of a Veyron

Ariel has announced the latest version of the Atom – the Ariel Atom 500, powered by a small V8 engine.

With over 500bhp in a 500kilo package the Atom 500 will boast one of the highest power to weight ratios ever for a production car.

The Atom will have over 1000bhp per tonne (compared to a Bugatti Veyron’s 521bhp/tonne) and will be built in limited numbers.
    Holy shit thats gotta be a death trap !

icons for all the cars in the world - click for bigger image
    turn signal biking jacket
    turn signal biking jacket
    by leah buechley
    Xepelin (Casual Response Attack Ship)

Silent and flying at low altitude - the Xepelin became the “dream killer” feared by all (including the crew and pilots). Usually navigated by captains specially chosen for their own personal death wish, who then rode in the ‘king seat’ fixed at the very top of the navigation mast. Here he would be exposed to the elements and oncoming enemy fire.

Propelled by a central hanging puff-puff plasma cannon. These engines remained throughout the Z-class series regardless of the accidental cremations they bestowed upon service engineers when “someone pressed the wrong button”. The dual nature of propulsion and weapon of immense destruction provided by the cannon was simply too good a marriage to discard in favour of safer but less efficient devices.

codextransportica.com - brilliant stuff :D
    armour plating
    armour plating cars at crooked brains
    almost on topic -

I'm sure it's not what you intended when you made this thread chris but I'm not sure where else to put it :happy:
    What happens when you spend 2 weeks drawing on a supercar with a bunch of black Sharpie markers? You end up with a completely custom Lamborghini that demands attention wherever it goes.

Flickr set
  • edited March 2008
    nicko said...I'm sure it's not what you intended when you made this thread chris but I'm not sure where else to put it :happy:
    i've no idea. that lambo is all kinds of awesome though - i saw a shite photo of it earlier, but you seem to have picked a better one to pique my interest in it :)
    aprilia rsv4 superbike
    the aprilia rsv4 superbike (should have road versions towards the end of 2008).

listen to it here, phoar!
    ferrari go cart
    nintendo engine
    LOL ^
  • edited April 2008
    a toy car crashed into a bonsai treea toy car crashed into a bonsai tree
    crash bonsai
    has loads of crashed car images, and crashed into bonsai trees, too :)
    new speed camera