post some!

Comments

• edited 9:57AM
    another good thread!
    the banana packages are awsome!
    i've been seeing more and more funky designs or wraps on beer bottles lately. as a designer, i thought they were pretty cool until i talke to my brother who owns a bar and he said that all the bar tenders hate them because you can't tell when somebody needs a fresh one.
    ^ that's something the designers should know!
    thanks for the input.
    pimp juice. Nice !
    sorry about the bad links, folks.
  • edited August 2007
    that halfords stuff rocks. btw, i want some halfords professional tool chests for christmas *hint hint*

(or snap-on, if you really want to splash out on me :D
    Always Snap-on Chris :wink:
    we need a specific album cover design thread, but hey - i have to post this somewhere.

Coca cola blak

This image doesn't do it justice, but it's about the sexiest bottle ever! It's the European, aluminum one not the ugly plastic wrapped American version.
    the one thing that stopped me from posting that, geared, was that damn coca cola logo on it. i wished they'd have had big enough balls to let 'blak' stand on it's own - would have made for a far sexier bottle. (imo, of course ;))

Rubber finger probes sense of touch

What is it about a cat's fur that makes us want to stroke it, and how do you create a rubbery grip that you just can't resist squeezing? An artificial finger that can gauge a raft of tactile characteristics for materials should help to find out.

Cathy Barnes and colleagues at the University of Leeds, UK, are building the life-size silicone rubber finger. To get the measure of how rough or smooth a material is, they place a sample on a pressure-sensitive platform and allow an attached motor to "stroke" the finger across it. Software then compares the sideways pressure that the platform feels with the sideways force applied to the finger. This gives a reading for friction or roughness.

At the same time, the software gauges how much downwards force the material absorbs by comparing the force applied by the finger with the force felt by the platform. Softer materials absorb more force. Meanwhile, a sensor at the finger's tip measures temperature.

The researchers plan to get volunteers to touch different materials and supply descriptions of what they feel to match the artificial finger's data on the same materials. They hope to gather all the smoothness, softness and temperature measurements associated with a range of tactile sensations.

The team plans to use these to design packaging materials. "Industry knows a lot about the importance of the visual design of packaging but there's a lack of understanding about the feel appeal," says Barnes, who is also a manager at the Faraday Packaging Partnership in Leeds. "Imagine a carton of fruit juice that's as soft as peach skin."

From issue 2615 of New Scientist magazine, 06 August 2007, page 23
    ^ Thats some serious research

That album cover is awesome, Chris. Go on.... start a thread.... start a thread !
    static 03
    Static 01

much more at www.precursorstudio.com
    b.e.e. made these -

Nice stuff there Chris. Keep 'em coming :wink:

i thought this was quite a nice concept - LEDs embedded in the corks of bottles.
    Interesting!
    I want my whiskey to glow!!!
    (627 am Drunk!)
    They would be easy to make. Nice idea.
    reebok
    This is thinking outside the ‘box’. Reebok’s new packaging for their mountain climbing
    shoes reflects their purpose by sticking it to the box lid. The packaging is carried out
    by McCann Erickson India.
    I hate Reeboks, but i'd wear the box :D
    I hate Reebok as well !
    shuffle 2
    ping1
    ping2
    japanes package design. More at pingmag
    graphis design 1
    Graphis Design 2

spreads from Graphis Design 2008

hearing aid packaging design - pretty hawt!
    Yes !

Cant view the vids anymore in here :awkward:
    Nice. Where are they from Chris?
    croatia, apparently :) they won a european design award with them, too. (clicky da image)
    Shit yeah !

My bad.

nikka
    , japanese whiskey bottle designed by michael young.
    They would look great in my kitchen
    sorry about the shiny table they all seem to be sat on...
    Very nice examples chris.

That tea looks like it should be smoked :wink:
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 9:57AM
    I love these!
    very *sexy* designs.
    chris:image

kshocolat
    I tried some of these. Chillie Pecan chocolates ! And they were surprisingly nice.