The good morning thread

Comments

• Haha! Of course it will ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

I’m hoping for *at least* another week of furlough, followed by remote working forever.

Sunny today, apparently rain tomorrow. Also, I’ve had parts 1 and 3 of a 3 part shed delivery - wasn’t supposed to get here until the 15th, fuck sakes, I’m trying to move a ton of equipment to a new workshop and paint the damn thing.

• omg Dave is funny (FXX).

is it the weekend or is every day the weekend now? i'm planning to do weekend things but i will probably just do the same things. what an odd rut the world is in now.

how maligned monday has been forever and now it's hardly significant. does it simply miss the attention?

and grand ole phfriday is now merely just a puff of breath.

i think we'll go grocery shopping tomorrow and our coffee hangout opens on sunday (lord knows how or why) so it should be a super exciting weekend.

have a good one doods!

• Morning, morning

Well, we had a Bank Holiday yesterday, just to complicate matters!

Oh, a coffee shop…

~me, misty-eyed, remembers the times we were allowed such luxuries. When was that 1981?!

Have a good Noneday, all ๐Ÿ˜

• ๐Ÿ‘‹

• ๐ŸคŸ

• Bonjour, pawb!

GoPro turned up today, it’s on charge now, and will probably stay that way whilst we go out for a cycle.

• Morning, morning.

Umm, GoPro. I bet there are plans a foot to get it strapped to the cycle or motorcycle and…?

Have fun.

• The twins have had the old gopro on a chest-Mount for the past couple of days now, both for walking and biking haha!

they made me do this earlier in the week, too.

I only held the camera (a fire tablet), their older brother did the editing for them. Had the added benefit of them all getting along for the longest single stint since lockdown started ๐Ÿ˜‚

• edited May 2020

Awesome.

"…all getting along for the longest single stint since lockdown started"

Ha! ๐Ÿ˜

• Morning!

…feels longer than three days^^ ago!

• Guten Morgen, meine kleine Wursthose!

• Morning!

…quieter that usual, I hope everyone's doing okay!?

Have a nice day now!

๐Ÿ˜˜

• edited May 2020

Have a nice day! Sunneh as a bastard!

shed is up (a while ago, but I probably neglected to say)

have potatoes, tomatoes, broad beans, runner beans, and peas to plant. (Got myself some canes for the runners, yay!)

got a bedroom to strip and paint (moved beds and wardrobes yesterday ๐Ÿ‘

just walked down to the garage and put an order in for two new tyres for the van (235/50 18, not the cheapest size by a long stroke, uh...)

• Yes! Gorgeous here too ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Busy house.

Don't think I've the patience (or is it the motivation) to grow my own; I have been enjoying my time, pretty much each day, just making a little progress with wrangling parts of the garden that have been neglected.

๐Ÿš Umph

• Quiet, innit

Evening.

• Evening Morning (here) @slater!

Yes, quiet…

How's things?

• ehhh... okay-ish. ups'n'downs. you'z?

• Hey-up, morning!

Remember, keep breathing…

I'm okay, the odd day where things get into my mind too much but on the whole… still breathing ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

Quiet, yes. Another couple of weeks furloughed, thinking of applying for remote jobs now, still working up the workshop, planting veggies and flowers, and other cool stuff!

Weather taken a turn for the obvious, so wind-out-of-sails a little. It’ll pick up again soon, I’m sure!

• Guten morgen!

• edited June 2020

Morning!

(I know ๐Ÿ™‚)

Two more weeks hey, I hope the weather returns for your (and my) gardening then (It's stopped here now, fingers crossed); I'm more a tidier than cultivator but a neighbours just given me (and the chap between us) a tomato plant (each) – so, the pressure's on – not to kill it! For when they inevitably ask after it…

Just having my lunch break at the mo (been cleaning the house) but hope to get out and attack a bit more of the feral end later!

• Hope you’re all doing ok, guys and gals! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Morning ~all ๐Ÿ˜š

The sun's back, hurry, the grass will get cut.

• good evening. the depression, lack of health, lack of social contact, lack of... everything... is chipping away at my sanity.

• with you on that! Keep holding on to what you can! ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Morning!

Yes! @slater it's been strange… I don't think I've mentioned but I'm sure it's been obvious to long-standing Fazys but I live on my own (have for about six years) and that's made it harder for sure… but, as @chris says – keep holding on – this will pass (there might be more shit after that but it'll be different, a change ๐Ÿ˜)

Have a good/week everyone!

…I'm off to talk to myself for a while ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• i want to die. i drink too much. i want to die. i don't want to go back to work. but i have no choice. i want to die.

• @slater! I hope that's the booze talking – if not, maybe you need to talk to someone. Hope you're doing okay now…

Morning ~all ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Yeah, holy shit slater ๐Ÿ˜ข

• edited June 2020

yeah, alc talking. don't even remember writing it, but gonna leave it. woof, i need to stay off the booze.

sorry, didn't mean to alarm anyone. <3

• Good morning. Had 2 beers last night. Going for zero, today.

• ๐ŸคŸ

• none yesterday, 2 tonight. gg. fuck.

• update: i'm an idiot. gg. fuck.

anyway, GOOD MORNING!

• Haha! You can do it ๐Ÿ˜Ž

morning ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Hello!

We're all idiots! Sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Made the mistake of looking at the BBC website this morning… damn, this virus has got some way to go yet, ain't it!! Some of the South American countries are looking a real mess at the mo, without event getting on to… everywhere else!

Anyway, hope you're all keeping well/sane (I've had more work, for the Autumn, cancelled this last week! ๐Ÿ˜๏ธ But I'm fine… ๐Ÿ˜œ)?

• edited July 2020

upside re: sarf 'merica: fucking bolsonaro has it. fingers crossed!

i am still an idiot, bee-tee-dubs

• Morning all!

Oh, we've got the sunshine back, so I think I'll be spending the days mowing the lawn and stuff…

Hope everyone's having an okay weekend ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Bolsonaro! He and mr T ( ๐Ÿ˜ท ) should move in together

• Morning! Sunneh as a bastard!

Mowing sounds like a plan (for later on, once I can actually get the mower out...), but I’ma do some weeding first and throw some flowers at the ground and see where they land ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Morning!

It's raining! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Grass cut. And, an update on the tomato plant… I keep forgetting to water it! But, it's got seven little baby tomatoes! ๐Ÿค“

• Hello my dudes! Hope you’re all ok - I seem to be a bit lax on the ol’ internetting front these days ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Morning mr tardy…! ๐Ÿ˜†

…well, I imagine you've still got a house full of kids (and still on furlough?) or did some go back to school?

Not too bad here, will be going to a pub for the first time in four months tonight! The concept feels strange, strange that! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• The kids have been back in to school for a day here and there - summer hols now!

i’m furloughed until august, then going to be part-time remote for a little while. Lucky, as I’m more or less full-time in the motorbike workshop now ๐Ÿคฃ

• Ha! So, is the bike shop going to become for the day job eventually, is that the plan?

• …evening!

• We’ll see! I kind of enjoy design work too, just not the commute or the office or the 9-to-5* ness of it ๐Ÿ˜‚

*OK, it’s never 9-5, that’s way too early lol, but you know what I mean.

Morning (I know it’s afternoon already)!

• Morning!

…everyone, bar one, was being good in the supermarket this morning ๐Ÿ˜ท

"We’ll see!"

Cool. Yes, sometimes it's nice to have a foot in more than one camp…

• edited July 2020

We’ve got a (possibly 2nd) mechanic calling in for a chat tomorrow... I might be able to start taking money out of this soon ๐Ÿ˜ฎ