My lovelies I need your help

edited June 2017 in conversations
My lovelies,
I know it's been a while but...the situation I've found myself in is jaw droppingly shocking.

I recently wrote about it here. It gets worst.

On reading a collection of very important letters and correspondences something about their presentation questioned my eye when reading them.
At first I thought it something along a "moire pattern." But no.

In short on close inspection using a printers "linen magnifying glass" the "original" printed text, each and every letter, delivered as photocopies of the originals, is composed by a pattern of stepped parallel lower LHS to upper RHS at 45 degrees "hairline" diagonal lines, around 8-10 per mm, which combined in various lengths make up each individual letter.

Photocopiers do not work or produce this way There indeed definitely is a photocopy but then there is also an original.

The photocopies supplied no doubt have been photocopied, then that photocopy photocopied and so on so as to lessen the pattern appearance to the naked eye keeping the background white paper super white as though a first off photocopy.

I've researched and got as far to limited reference and pictures with similarities to that produced by print plotters eons ago that used a certain algorithm.

Any info or links much appreciated as I've hit a wall where I seem to be going in circles.

Thank you my lovelies xxx's

Comments

• Not a peek or suggestion...fooook! black sheep black window...whats the difference?

Short break to Somerset as hitting the seasonal festival in Frome. Apparently they have a "Donna Summer Disco." No tunes after 1983 allowed. HEAVEN!!!

And for your labours heres link that I think will satisfy the defence counsel/barister/solicitor/cunts.

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/p/plotter.htm

Smell my farts you lazy fucks
  • i can't imagine a plotter was used for printing text, to be honest. peakmon asked in the other thread if you could post a sample, though - that would be interesting, if not helpful.
  • this is the kind of thing i'd expect from a plotter

• Got back from Somerset around hour ago. Torrential rain and safety first...so took me over three hours than usual two and a bit.

THANK YOU C&P xxx's

Yes I'd love to upload a scan/pic of the "diagonal lines" pattern but...do I just drag and drop pic from my desktop? Or as my slusshy memory is teasing me with do I need a pic account or something?

Cheers again guys, the pressure has lifted some

xxx's
  • i usually use imgur.com for picture hosting :)
  • ^C&P... XXXX's

Ive found this link and it's all fallen into place now. CHEERS!!!!

So...A text document can be printed from a plotter.

The "fill of the text and lines" I was referring to is apparently the "Hatch" pattern used to define the data.

The particular "hair line diagonal lines."
    The standard hatch pattern ANSI31 looks like: (insert outlined square with multiple thin diagonal lines here x)

"The pattern name on the first line, *ANSI31, is followed by a description: ANSI Iron, Brick, Stone masonry. This simple pattern definition specifies a line drawn at an angle of 45 degrees, the first line of the family of hatch lines is to pass through the drawing origin (0,0), and that the spacing between hatch lines of the family is to be 0.125 drawing units."

So...

xxx's my lovelies xxx's
  • edited June 2017
    Guys...need one more bit of help please.

Ive got these enlarged pics of 12 point text enlarged and as you can see the artifacts I'm talking about is...

One person got me barking up the wrong tree re autocad and hatchling fills.

Now am told its the toner burnt on the laser printer, but how can the lines be so exact in each case on each letter producing exact same pattern?

Most importantly, if two different text documents printed on two different machines were scanned and then their digital file printed of from the same laser printer would the artifacts for each document still be so similar and exact. I would have thought no. Each printer has different print heads patterns.

An inkjet printer would produce a different, upon magnification, print pattern to that of a laser printer.

As much info as possible please as am a hard of hearing untrained labrador today. I so thought I had this finished but my instinct told me that the guys advice re autocad and hatchling was just tooooo much hard work to be undertaken and also I thought it would have looked much better on magnification.

xxx's my lovelies

http://imgur.com/DMP1c9r
    http://imgur.com/GVTiagg
    http://imgur.com/4jh9XrQ
    http://imgur.com/ZKZyoy2
    http://imgur.com/wKW53SQ

• i'm lost, but there's a definite pattern there which i've not really come across on small text print before.
  • edited June 2017
    Cheers C.

This pattern is seen throughout the document which is unseen by the naked eye.

Any idea about burnt toner on laser printer?

xxx's
  • Umm, not sure what to make of those; almost looks like the kind of hatch you'd see on lineart!
  • ^Cheers P.

Guys the machine used is a Xerox office work station/centre thing.

Do ya think the copies are made using some kind of draft mode re pattern to save toner etc?

xxx's
  • Could be B', too many unknown's how many steps from the originals, etc. But not sure that helps you get closer to any resolution.
  • edited June 2017
    ^Cheers P. It's being presented as steps in their production are (1) word document then (2) printout then (3) copy of printout
    being submitted.

I've always assumed a copier's "fingerprint/s" is always added alongside those "fingerprint/s" of the original.
    But I cant see this. There seems no difference between printout and copy made.

I've canned documents at 4800 dpi and no photocopier "additional fingerprint/s" taking characters in text from 2-3mm in height up to 27.5mm maintaining

Very strange goings on.

Much appreciated all help and advice so far.

xxx's