The Trump Thread..

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Jeremy Pond ‏@JeremyPond 12 hours ago

@awzurcher I am more disgusted at the vision of him sending this tweet as he wears a velour bathrobe.
  • What? What? Whats wrong with a velour bathrobe? @blueshead wearing a velour bathrobe and drinking Whiskey for breakfast!.. :)
  • Reality is just another thing.
  • edited February 2017
    Reality is just another thing.
    So? I should wear Flannel?

• edited February 2017
    Kellyanne Conway Just Told Everybody To "Go Buy Ivanka’s Stuff” — Potentially Violating Ethics Law

Conway said she was giving a “free commercial” for Ivanka Trump’s products — a day after President Trump slammed Nordstrom for dropping his daughter’s brand.

Lets sell swag from the White House!...
    Chris Lu, a former Obama administration official, said that he and his White House colleagues “would’ve been fired” if they did what Conway had done. “Then again, our boss cared about ethics,” Lu added
    Swag!
  • FFS. what a fucking circus this is. i'm living in bizarro world now.
  • Even his supreme court nominee is annoyed by his recent BS of "so called" judges.

This is not going to end well.
  • edited February 2017
    Trump says he didn’t get a single phone call opposing his pipeline approvals.

“I don’t even think it was controversial,” he said of his recent moves to fast-track construction of the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines. “I haven’t had one call from anybody saying, ‘Oh, that was a terrible thing you did.’”

WTF?
  • sure, he's just pushing those alt facts in a bid to keep everyone questioning their sanity. gaslighting.
  • the article literally states that they spoke on the phone on thursday.
  • edited February 2017
    Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrested hundreds of illegal immigrants nationwide after President Donald Trump signed an executive order removing restrictions placed on ICE during the Obama administration.

“ICE is showing up at people’s homes, showing up at places of businesses. This level of ICE activity in the community is absolutely unprecedented,” Austin pro-immigrant attorney Stephanie Gharakhanian told The Wall Street Journal in a story published Friday.

ICE told reporters in a conference call Friday that they had arrested 161 illegal immigrants in the Los Angeles area in the past five days, as they are embarking on an “enforcement surge” in several major cities.

The prioritization of serious criminal aliens under the Obama administration is no more under President Trump. The Los Angeles Times recently reported that up to eight million people will now be targeted for deportation. ICE agents are now reportedly raiding workplaces, people’s homes and even the cars they sleep in.

Immigration advocates were up in arms after ICE agents deported an illegal immigrant woman Wednesday who had been in the U.S. for 21 years. Protesters attempted to block an ICE van carrying Guadalupe Garcia Reyes and several were arrested.

The ICE enforcement surge has been targeting Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago, all sanctuary cities, and ICE officials didn’t deny operations in Austin, Atlanta and Charlotte. An ICE spokesperson told reporters, “the fact that they coincided is not entirely a coincidence.”

Trump’s executive order on illegal immigration provided greater latitude for local law enforcement to work with federal officials, and calls for the deportation of individuals ICE deems a public safety threat even if they haven’t been convicted of a crime.

• Making America "great".

Kind of like saying "oh great" when your car gets a flat tire.
  • last cuck tonight :D
  • edited February 2017
    Trump's national security aide Flynn resigns over Russian contacts

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-flynn-idUSKBN15S0BR
    Richard Wolffe:

We have barely begun to scrape the surface of Trump’s fatal compromises with Russia. It was only last week that US officials say they corroborated some of the communications in the famous British dossier detailing those compromising situations. Trump can pretend all he likes. He can bluster his way through TV interviews and at the presidential podium about everything from the tiny crowds at his inauguration to supposed illegal voting by non-citizens. But sooner or later, the presidency—and the constitution it is supposed to defend—catches up with you. A commander-in-chief can’t compromise his own nation’s security and expect to keep his job.

Flynn’s short White House career may be over. But Trump’s nightmare-a-lago has only just begun.
  • Yeah, but what about hillary's emails, tho? :D
  • Yeah, but what about hillary's emails, tho? :D

Shhh, Hush yer mouth.. This is a Trump bashing thread, you evil hijacker!

• Trump Administration Considering Mobilizing National Guard To Round Up Unauthorized Immigrants..

Err maybe not.. I think the Huffington Post jumped the gun on this one.. They do link to an AP article. https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

But who knows.. I could see Trump actually trying to do this.
  • Wait did I miss something important? Who is Trump?
  • edited February 2017
    Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/19/donald-trump-sweden-attack-carl-bildt/98127056/

""Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound," tweeted former Swedish prime minister Carl Bildt, a frequent social antagonist of Trump."

"Sweden Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Catarina Axelsson said that the government wasn’t aware of any “terror-linked major incidents.” Sweden’s Security Police said it had no reason to change the terror threat level.

“Nothing has occurred which would cause us to raise that level,” agency spokesman Karl Melin said.

Trump's critics included Chelsea Clinton. In a tweet, the daughter of 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton cited an adviser's recent mistaken claim of a terrorist "massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

"What happened in Sweden Friday night?" Clinton tweeted. "Did they catch the Bowling Green Massacre perpetrators?"

• Reality, it's just another thing.
  • thoughts and prayers to all those affected in sweden x
  • edited February 2017
    I'm Swedish, and my relatives in Stockholm tell me scary shit that goes down there. The media really is dumbing things down. And if you talk critically of about this situation you are branded a right-wing racist. It's so depressing.
  • it's not strictly immigration which is the issue with that, though. it's the housing, education, and economic policies which ultimately keep immigrants ghettoised (leading to gang violence - the same can be seen repeating the world over).
  • Not good chicken is it but think I'm inclined to agree with chris, it's not just a Stockholm/Swedish issue. I do wonder if some of Paris' problems are the same, rather than the media/politics perceived 'threat'…
  • A wooden moose got the attention of a lovesick moose bull. It all happened in 79 year old Ove Lindqvist’s garden in Byske outside Skellefteå, northern Sweden. ”I thought it was going to start a fight, instead it humped the wooden moose thrice”, he said.

• edited February 2017
    White House Blocks CNN, New York Times, and Others from Press Briefing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-and-others-from-press-briefing.html
    The BBC, CNN, the New York Times, the Guardian, the Los Angeles Times, Buzzfeed, the Daily Mail and Politico were among those excluded.

Those allowed into the room included ABC, Fox News, Breitbart News, Reuters and the Washington Times.

The Associated Press, USA Today and Time magazine refused to attend as a protest against the move.
  • edited February 2017
    Hah..Speaking of Flags.....

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/321138-two-progressive-activists-were-behind-trump-russian-flag-prank

"Staffers at CPAC quickly scrambled to confiscate Russian flags with the word “TRUMP” written on the front that were being waved by attendees during President Donald Trump's speech on Friday. .."

• hehe yeah, that was great :D
  • also,

i hope alec baldwin turns up instead :D
  • Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
    With links to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage, the rightwing US computer scientist is at the heart of a multimillion-dollar propaganda network
  • ^ it's a long read, but an interesting one.
  • edited February 2017
    Betsy DeVos applauds historically segregated schools as ‘pioneers of school choice’ Following President Trump’s meeting with leaders of Historically Black Colleges and Universities on Monday, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos released a statement applauding the schools as “real pioneers when it comes to school choice.
    Students at historically black colleges originally had no choice.

https://thinkprogress.org/devos-hbcu-pioneers-of-school-choice-1470ad45a46f#.d79p14xmd
  • Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
    With links to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage, the rightwing US computer scientist is at the heart of a multimillion-dollar propaganda network
    Only read the first few paragraphs but, yes, interesting (and disconcerting) reading…

The far-right at war with… with everyone!
  • New Cabinet Secretary Wears Custom Commerce Logo Slippers To Trump’s Speech..

err..Slipper story here

Actually.. I want a pair.. I like these.. Only $500 USD!

• Trump says Obama wiretapped him during campaign; gives no evidence

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-obama-idUSKBN16B0CC

Former Obama adviser Ben Rhodes strongly denied Trump's allegations.

"No president can order a wiretap. Those restrictions were put in place to protect citizens from people like you," Rhodes wrote on Twitter.

In response to Trump's tweet about a lawyer making a "great case," Rhodes responded: "No. They couldn't. Only a liar could do that."

A Trump spokeswoman said the Republican president is "having meetings, making phone calls and hitting balls" at his golf course in West Palm Beach.

• ^ this seems like it could be a bigly thing, now. what with a ton of these headlines "FBI director asks Justice Department to reject Trump wiretap claim".
  • edited March 2017
    Kelly says considering separating women, children at Mexico border

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-children-idUSKBN16D2OX

Ooooh.. I think in 2 years Trump and his Trumpkins will make "1984" look like child's play.

I'm a crusty old bastard.. But he scares the hell out of me and how he will fuck over America and totally ignore people that simply want to keep the (American) ship still sailing and get along with our neighbors in the world.

The sad thing is..People over here are getting used to his rants..Then off to Starfucks for a coffee and go to work..
  • edited March 2017
    Irish People Try Donald Trump's Favorite Foods.

• haha :D

the guy is a... well, he's not fucking right, i don't think.
  • edited March 2017
    Trump Meets the German Press, and They Laugh At Him!

The American President, meeting his German counterpart, keeps taking victory laps, ripping reporters and ignoring the substance of tough questions.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/03/17/trump-meets-the-german-press-and-they-laugh-at-him.html
    The second question allotted to the German media was directed at Trump, and the various debunked claims that he and his administration had made about alleged wiretapping of his campaign by the Obama White House:

“After these clear rejections, are their other suspects? … And are there tweets you regret?”

“Very seldom,” Trump shot back, adding he wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for his tweets. “I can get around the media when the media doesn’t tell the truth, and I like that.”

Pressed on the origin of his claims, Trump directed the reporter to “a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox,” referring to former judge and current Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano’s claim today that “President Obama went outside the chain of command" and had British intelligence monitor and track Trump. “You shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to him.”
  • http://www.kittenfeed.com/

Lucy is a 17-year-old from San Francisco who spends her spare time reading at coffee shops, splurging on guac at Chipotle and practicing her tech skills. The high schooler dreams of working at a disruptive tech company and has recently been applying for web development jobs to get an early jump on her career. She wanted a “fun, little” project to put on her resume, so she coded a site called TrumpScratch.com where users click on Donald Trump’s face to punch him with tiny kitten paws.

But what was meant as nothing more than a jokey website for coding practice has turned into a legal nightmare. Now Lucy is facing the wrath of the big man himself.

“I was going to just let this go, but I think it’s, pardon my French, fucking outrageous that the president of the United States has his team scouring the internet for sites like mine to send out cease and desists and legal action claims if we don’t shut down,” Lucy told the Observer in an email. “Meanwhile, he tweets about The Apprentice ratings and sends out power-drunk tweets about phone tapping. HOW ABOUT BEING THE PRESIDENT?”

Three weeks after the site went live, Lucy was served a cease and desist letter from Trump’s general counsel stationed in Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in NYC.

The letter, confirmed by the Observer, reads exactly as you’d expect a Trump C&D would. It begins touting him as a “well-known businessman” and television star and boasts, “As I’m sure you’re aware, the Trump name is internationally known and famous.”

Guided by a family lawyer, Lucy changed the name of the site to KittenFeed.com

“But after changing, they still came at me,” she said.

Lucy is currently enrolled in a coding bootcamp and began learning the skill when she was 16. The site in question is so simple it took her only three hours to code it. But even though it was a quick project, she’s furious out of principle.

“It’s so sad that his administration is focused more on being liked, burying real news and taking down sites like mine as they supposedly make him look bad,” she said.

After changing the name, Lucy and her lawyer haven’t responded to the Trump counsel and are currently waiting to see what happens.

Update: An external PR firm reached out on behalf of the Trump Organization, claiming the Observer never called regarding this story. We did.

Alan Garten, executive vice president and chief legal officer at The Trump Organization, provided the following comment through the PR agency:

“This is completely false. No such letter was ever sent by us.”