Microsoft surface

edited October 2016 in conversations
This looks pretty nice!

Comments

• Have they hired-in some ex-Apple people!
  • …yes, looks nice.
  • i think a lot more companies are pulling their finger out on the industrial design front these days. and it's certainly reflected in the price they feel they can get away with hehe
  • it's about time ms starts doing good stuff again. let's hope this is the beginning of ms trying to do everything well.

apple should be happy to see all of this competition.
  • also, the lenovo yoga notebook...
  • ^Complaints from one armed people on the rise re dial twiddly thingie :D
  • i think a lot more companies are pulling their finger out on the industrial design front these days. and it's certainly reflected in the price they feel they can get away with hehe
    Yes, true and true.

I'd agree with vask too, re the competition.

• 10x better than the new MBP with the idiotic Bar thingy
  • i think the idiotic bar thingy isn't bad. it's clear that apple believes that people do not want to touch their screens. i know that i don't want to touch mine...

apple has a surface already that works super well - the ipad. and it connects to your mbp super well.

testing has already showed us that the new surface isn't as fluid as drawing on the ipad pro. and i'll bet big money that a third party will make some kind of knob device that works with the ipad soon.

microsoft needs to make better software before their hardware will really be worth it.

i don't plan to get a new mbp until the end of next year - but my 2013 mbp is still super fast and i never even think about upgrading. actually, my 2009 mbp is still super fast but it's 13" and i prefer 15".