your work, in progress

Comments

• edited May 2007
    updated my portflio:

jkemppainen.com

Rollover any of the video / animation thumbnail images.

It took me a while to get the hang of Flash actionscript again, but after 2 hours I had it.
  • edited 11:32PM
    That's hottâ„¢
    jussi-k:updated my portflio:

jkemppainen.com

Rollover any of the video / animation thumbnail images.

It took me a while to get the hang of Flash actionscript again, but after 2 hours I had it.
    Thats fucking awesome work!
    ...not just talking about the site!
    (felt i needed to clarify!)
    Excellent work everyone, sock what's with the ginger hair is this a wales only production ;)
    Again and as always, nice 1 Juzzi :wink: I respect your continuouse posting of examples.

Ive been really busy designing the new ASDA / George homeware catalogue but I cant post anything until its distributed. Ive cant believe Ive had the privelage of setting the new style for George homeware through working in house in an office furniture manufacturers. The company I work for supply furniture to ASDA now, and we also managed to convince them we are able to produce the work to such a standard which we have. The catalogue etc which will go to thier agencies to follow style etc. Its not the most creative of jobs but nice, and a great opportunity to be given with such a large company. The team are really really pleased with my work, especially to such a tight deadline with just me producing it.
  • edited May 2007

This is the fifth in a series of acrylic paintings done of scraps of found wood. The painting is still a work in progress I plan on putting a graphical element at the top with some text. The wood was recovered from the bottom of an old wine box.
    Looking good!
    thanks Juss!
  • edited June 2007
    been burning the midnights again this week - got a tremendous amount done in a short time

concept to feasibility report in 4 days flat - fully drawn measured modelled and described

my recent promotion is to a job where i will be doing tonnes of these to form briefs for other architects to respond to. i.e. my work develops a cost profile and a character profile which they can work to in the former case or outright reject (with good reasons only) the latter
  • edited June 2007
    site for a friend

in development - placeholder imagery (although the shots that i have are from the library), image preloaders in dev
  • edited June 2007

^ basic logo for the US National Homebrewers Conference coming to Cincinnati, OH in 2008

and the poster:

bigger version here
    and the somewhat bastardized version on the official website: www.beertown.org
    just some early packaging mock-ups, totally design by committee, yippe!
  • edited July 2007
    Branding looks great Chris :wink:

hark, not like you to be getting involved with homebrewing :happy: :wink: Nice work though mate.
    Some of you have seen this before :wink:

But here's some fairly boring corporate stuff:

I didnt know how to make one of the enlagable previews as with Chris's previous post (html virgin)

Click to enlarge:

Click to enlarge:
    some flash interface mock-ups for a driver training / assessment *thing*
    and a slightly newer version of the html part of it (the flash modules will just sit in the content area...
    Works well mate. Whats with all the driving orientated jobs?
    it's just the market that the company likes to operate in. there are quite a few other (non-driving related) projects ongoing too ;)
    I see. Thought you might have been 'in house' somewhere now.
    oh, i am. it's a lovely little software dev firm, and i love it.

*also available for freelance, in between changing nappies, moving house, bike riding etc
    Good that you enjoy it mate. I've been in an office furn manufacturers for 5 years (too long now) and its becoming tedious. Just waiting for things to pick up elsewhere though :wink:
    oil/wax on prepared museum board; blueshead

it's mostly there...

w.i.p; blueshead
    :surprised::happy:
  • edited July 2007
    It's a slap together Cabinet I made out of 150 year old Cypress for some of the Blueshead Movie and Software Library... All trim and moulding designed and made by me.. Bad piccy also taken by me..

Cabinet
    couple of mates just embarked on being self employed:
    http://www.kolo-studio.com/

vortexual
    oOooo, i like that waves painting, vor! :)

(mates rates? :D)

blues, looking good matey! i'd like to build myself a nice dining table at some point soon - i think i'll be hitting you up for some ideas ;)
    I like building Tables... They are something you wish to pass on to the rest of your Family as you get older... Tables have Family Spirituality.. :smile:
    this is one reason i want to make one - it needs to be chunky, solid, and have well crafted joints - nothing showy, but stuff that people in the 'know' would appreciate - a job well done.
    hammertime
  • edited July 2007
    you're playing the 40k game :o

awesome
    hmmm, I've got that one too, tempted to get the expansion and load it back up. kind of dissapointed that all of the 'races' didn't have a story line of some sort, that would of made it easily the top game of that type be far! I'm looking forward to starcraft2 now for story. I enjoyed the gameplay in 40k though. Used to geek it out on table top in highschool every now and then.

My current work....
    well just finished pixelating faces on a couple hours of scattered video. Now I'm organizing it into DVDs (regular and data) so I can release the proper clips to the proper people so they can use it in thier portfolios. Nothing particularly fun. and I had a huge HD crash 2 weeks ago and I'm just waiting until I come up to something that a student wanted and I can get it to them because it doesn't exist anymore. all of my animations from the last 3 months are gone too... so much for a redundant RAID actually being redundant. Wouldn't let me build it back.

I do have a copy of one of the animations, maybe I'll find a spot to host it and put it up for a bit.... I'll be back in a few.
    damn it. Telus was messing around with thier internet stuff an dI have to recreate my account to log in and I have none of the info I need at work, guess I'll have to do it next week :(
    ok managed to access it a different way that worked.
    umm not sure how to embed these at all or whatever you need to do so they show up instead of having to DL them but here are the links, if someone could direct me in a better way of doing this that would be awesome.

http://www3.telus.net/public/csemenik/
  • edited July 2007
    i am not playing the game - I am _making_ it right now :D
    It's my dayjob. Been for years :D
  • edited July 2007
    New song by my brother and me (I helped a little bit and told him what to do a lot):

http://www.jkemppainen.com/muscular/gruuvit_tiukalla/poliisiautoohittaakaikki.mp3
    lol, well I knew you worked on games, just didn't realize it was that game.... though considering the name of the thread...

I think I'd rather be working (ie. playing) that game instead anyways.
    is it a new one or an expansion to Dawn of War? Or something else entirely?
    Something else entirely.
    sweet, I can't wait!
  • edited July 2007
    new song:

http://www.jkemppainen.com/muscular/gruuvit_tiukalla/nahkaviittainen.mp3

without lyrics at the moment. Feel free to comment. Lyrics will be in finnish anyway, so this may even be better for you.

Check out the website too:
    http://www.jkemppainen.com/muscular
    Trying to get the hang of actionscript 3 too. The inline flash mp3 player has come a looooong way from the bulk version I downloaded from the internets. :happy::happy::happy:
  • edited August 2007
    Technical Design Guidelines for a terrace of 5 new office buildings in London
    jussi-k:i am not playing the game - I am _making_ it right now :D
    It's my dayjob. Been for years :D
    holy shit - that's great - let me know when it's gone gold
    I think you better check Jussi's other thread about quitting his day job OB !
    :p
  • edited August 2007
    for my FIL's restaurant/bar opening soon
  • edited August 2007
    <?php function add($a, $b, $c, $d) { $sum = $a+$b+$c+$d; return $sum; } $c = add (3,7,9,1); echo $c; ?>

<table border="0" bgcolor='yellow' cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"> <tr> <?php for ($i = 1; $i <= 10; $i = $i++) { for ($y = 1; $y <= 10; $y = $y++) { echo "<td width='30' align='center'>"; echo $i*$y; echo "</td>"; } echo "</tr>"; } ?> </table>

~sigh... Busisness College... PHP.... yay.
    INLINE CSS?!!!?!
    its not css - its html 3
  • edited August 2007
    chris:INLINE CSS?!!!?!
    say what?
  • edited August 2007
    still working on the Nokia case (Brazil). It's done soon so you'll get to see it.

And in my OHER job, still adding finishing touches to the game. It is also done soon :D