Best film review, ever!

Comments

• The Place Beyond the Pines=Awesome
  • ^Gonna watch later this afternoon...EXCITED!
  • The Place Beyond the Pines=Awesome
    The F Word said & multiplied by lots as was fookin awesome!!!

• Ha! It was great wasnt it! On facebook I claimed it to be the best movie I have seen this year and had people try to argue with me-so i left my review here in a bit of a subdued manner
  • Loved the sound tracks where he is at the party.
    Checked them on line and hells bells the editor knew what he was choosing, scene and track awesomness!
    Tracks by themselves NAH a bit "weak."
  • I very like movies.

Madmen 8/10
    Memento 9/10
    Holy Motors 9/10

The Killing 9/10
    Luther 10/10
    Lonely Hearts 8/10

Give 'em Hell Malone 7/10
    The Spirit 7/10
    SouthLAnd 7/10

True Grit 10/10
    Proposition 10/10
    Ravenous 10/10

Akta Manniskor 8/10
    The Office 9/10
    Black Books 10/10 (!)
    Mighty Boosh 9/10
  • Holy Motors was great :)
  • I really wanted to like Holy Motors, but felt it was a bit 'anti technology' and i am anti 'anti technology' - even beyond that was not really impressed - we cant all be David Lynch
  • I really wanted to like Holy Motors, but felt it was a bit 'anti technology' and i am anti 'anti technology' - even beyond that was not really impressed - we cant all be David Lynch
    Where anti technology? Its manifest of movie?
    I dont know, seriously

• i felt the whole premise was about how people "nowadays" (something i always argue against as i believe humans have been pieces of shit since the beginning of time and will continue to be until the end of time) are becoming disconnected from reality and too attached to "personas" - seemed to me it was laying some blame on technology

...it wasnt even so much that i disagreed its just that it is such an easy premise and take to make- its "safe" and not really original in any way, its mostly tripe repeated by people with nothing better to think. One of the reasons why i brought up Lynch...nothing in MD was"safe".

Being fancy, arty and ambiguous just for the sake of being fancy, arty and ambiguous...is just that and nothing more.
  • I would like to discuss the details of this. It is clear that the film was aimed at the viewer. These sins are and Trier (and perhaps always). And unfortunately, Cronenberg. He once cracked after Eastern Promises. (But Dangerous Method and Cosmopolis contain a charm).

Attached to a person ... do you mean, a man as a microcosm with its domestic chaos?

And people initially paradoxical. I just think that born as originally virgin parasites. They are allowed to be the greatest shit in the world, or approach to the Great Knowledge (like Nietschean overman)

P.S.: Sorry for twisted language.
  • dont have to worry about twisted language with me, i am a drunk american... i am lowest form of language on this planet

Not a huge fan Lars for the the same reasons i mentioned above "Being fancy, arty and ambiguous just for the sake of being fancy, arty and ambiguous...is just that and nothing more"

I want art forms especially movies to be good because i think most suck - i just feel veryone is taking everything too goddamn seriously and artists are bcoming the new lawyers

Holy Motors wasnt art, it was just budget with a nicve camera and im fine with that ...but it tried to pass it self off as something "profound" when it was basically just a disgruntled pap smear's opinon on whats wrong with the world while doing everything that is what is wrong but not realizing it.

The movie seems to be pissed about the disconnect but is very disconnected - which would be fine - if it seemed like it was meant to be on purpose ...but i dont think it was...i think a shallow mind jumped in the deep end for a bit and shit his pants and called it art

If youwant to watch great about a 'snake eating its own tail' watch RObert Altmans The Player...and you can like it becaus emthe american audiences ignored it too so its still cool to like!
  • and cronenberg has mostly made shit too, just sayin'
  • ^MOSTLY not always
  • "evrry great band should be shot before they make their combat rock"
  • edited August 2013
    i did think Melancholia was awesome. the car trying to maneuver through the rocks scene in the beginning was brilliant and is exactly like a bad acid trip and loved the ending
    EDIT: I am now talking about Lars again, it just came to mind -
  • Yep! Scene with limo. And books.

About movie. This:

filmed as classic detective canons, but about school and nice girls in skirts :)

6\10
  • what made you give it a 6 nd not a 5 ...should the skirts have been shorter? HA!!! I am joke and no make fun of you just making fun of all movies!
  • people think crazy but im really not i am just a jackass with keyboard kind of
  • He-heh. Dont worry. Joke about skirts is funny ;)
    Aaaaaaaand yep. Skirts too make this movie, and noir monologues of storyteller.
  • edited September 2013
    Must watch CBGB
    Here is trailer...had me roaring
  • just downloaded last night
  • ^Let me know what bit you found the funniest...there's one bit and I had full belly laughs for like 20 mins, tears and all...
  • will do yo! - going to watch wednesday night with a few friends
  • I downloaded CBGB and it's got no sound. Yay.
  • I downloaded CBGB and it's got no sound. Yay.
    ^Some jokers out there. Get it again...

• edited September 2013
    ^Ok so my fave part in CBGB was when the Ramones came to audition...seconds into it and it sounds shit and distorted etc and they all stop and ask each other "which one are you playing?" Not a clue what they were playing FUNNNY!!!
  • Gravity

Movie of the year.

9/10
  • Gravity

Movie of the year.

9/10
    I want see it. Maybe in weekend

How about "Goltzius and the pelican company"?
    Anybody saw that?
  • I also want to see it
  • Gravity

Movie of the year.

9/10
    Gravity was good but I think Don Jon wins movie of the year
  • dudes, how are we all forgetting to include torrent links in these posts?! :D
  • That's like illegal and stuff
  • Gravity

Movie of the year.

9/10
    Yeah James Cameron got behind that very sentiment. Thing is though...the trailer...all you hear is gasps of "OH shit...NO!!!" I
    thought astronauts were way cooler and robotic like "Houston am fucked, floating through space without any chance of survival, Houston do ya read me" along those lines :D
    BUT am gonna see it any way...
  • And last but not least because no trailer available yet:
    Don Cheadle as Miles Davis:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120296
  • "Venus in fur" great.
    And first half of "Frank" too great.
    "Calvary" not bad.
  • ^ watched the force awakens, and really enjoyed. character interaction was good, real-life effects were good, felt a lot more like the originals than the prequels, and it kinda warmed a place in my heart.
  • edited January 2016
    watched black mass last night (yeah, started watching waaaay too late, of course).

pretty good! a solid 5 out of 7! (rotten tomatoes give it 75%, metacritic 68%, imdb 7.1/10).

quite a cast, not that heavy on the violence for the type of film (though there is violence). johnny depp is great (i may have a man crush bias), the film is pretty good. sure, it could have been better, but i don't think you'll feel like you wasted your time by watching it!
  • Just watched "The Program." Pretty enlightening.
    Also "The Big Short." FOOOOKIN AWESOMNESS!!!!!!
    "The Revenant" awesome bear attack scene, slightly spoilt with some tongue kissing action from the bear.
    "The Lobster." WTF!!! I said WTF!!!!!!!
    "Truth." Awesomeness!
    "Woodlawn." Brilliant!!!!
    "Joy." Simply beautiful!
    "A perfect day." Eye opening for real!
  • Tried watching the revenant last night, but started too late, doh!
  • Revenant was pretty good; Leonardo did his full range of acting faces, but make sure you're watching with subs on. Hardy doesn't half mumble in places.
  • yeah, i'd noticed that there was a fair amount of mumbling going on, and that was from the beginning, too.
  • the martian

oh, thoroughly enjoyed this! lots of people saying that the book was utterly fantastic, though. this may be one of those odd occasions where i'm going to source the book after watching the film...
  • Watched Last cab to Darwin...enchanting to say the least.
  • I really enjoy The Martian.

Watched Sicario last night - daaaaaayyyyyuuuuummmmm. Just a whole bunch of things in the world that I disliked and now I dislike even more. But it's a great film.
  • I really enjoy The Martian.

Watched Sicario last night - daaaaaayyyyyuuuuummmmm. Just a whole bunch of things in the world that I disliked and now I dislike even more. But it's a great film.
    OOOooo yes seen it and WOWSERS!!!!!! The bodies hanging from the power lines along the street scene.