Best film review, ever!

Comments

• batman, dark knight rises, was pretty good, i think.

metropia was rad, though.
  • Argo=Best movie of the year
    Cloud Atlas=biggest disappointment of the year
  • Life of Pi in 3D = an experience.
  • looper, B, i think. (don't get me wrong, here, orson - it's a bruce willis film).

looper film review, it was ok!

Holy Motors — Fucking amazing

Time Crimes — I think somebody in this thread saw / reviewed this (I see a lot of films from this thread). I loved it, the most fun I've had watching this type of movie since (don't click the spoiler unless you've seen it)...
    Triangle
  • I watched Mental. Toni Collette superb as usual. Really would recommend it.
  • Saw Looper last weekend and enjoyed it more than Chris, probably.

Hanna — late to the party, I guess. Enjoyed it (but enjoyed the soundtrack more).
  • enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed
  • I need to watch more films (that are not documentaries)!
  • i gave looper a B, yo!
  • You know what bugs me about some of the recent scifi I've seen?

Fucking lensflare.

Spotted some in Looper which was annoying. The new Total Recall was mad for it, like: "OMFG, GAIZ! I JUST FOUND THE LENS FLARE BUTTONZ!". In Total Recall there wasn't even an obvious light source in some places. wtf?

Anyway, rant over.
  • wait until they discover the emboss filter and a way to make 3d movies on the cheap ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Finally got to see "Good Day To Die Hard (On)...(snigger) and was impressed with a couple of sequences Brucie falling through floors with camera tracking. Looked as realistic as falling through floors looked in ages.
  • edited February 2013
    yeah, i wouldn't mind watching it, meant to be a blowing-up-and-smashing-through-fest of epic proportions.
  • edited February 2013
    yeah, i wouldn't mind watching it, meant to be a blowing-up-and-smashing-through-fest of epic proportions.
    This instalment is def based on a true events

right-click, open in new tab for fullsize.
  • ^ that image is hotlinked from 4chan, so let's all not shout at me when it inevitably turns into a goatse picture, ok? :D
  • I was about to bitch that the picture wasnt full-size, then I kept scrolling
  • Who was this list decided by?
    Can I decide things too?
  • i found the image on imgur, but it's linked directly from 4chan servers - add away!

there are definitely some great films on it, but at the same time, plenty missing that should/could be there, yeah.
  • Karate man bruise on the inside!
  • Side Effects was good stuff!
  • i watched (*most of, just not quite all of) django unchained, and it was pretty good.

*something about having a door slammed in to my head (possibly accidentally, yeah...) really put a crimp on watching the final 10 mins of it
  • ^Side Effects was good stuff!
    Been itching to see it for ages.

By far most fun pic this year for me is... "The Croods in 3D."
    loved loved loved it!!!

weird science. better than i remembered it being, to be fair. would watch again, A++
  • it was on the syfy channel yesterday, and that channel only ever gets flicked passed in the tv guide. apart from yesterday. glorious.
  • 1985 mind.

• out of 10? i'd give her one.

BOOM!
  • I saw Ferris B's Day Off again recently (first time since the 80s, it was a lot less good than I remembered)
  • Jack Reacher.

Gay. Completely and utterly gay. I fell asleep about 3 times and just woke up to a couple of explosions. What a waste of bandwidth.
  • For my sins I watched "The Guilt Trip" and was moved to tears :/
  • Its good? I downed that haven't watched yet!
  • For my sins I watched "The Guilt Trip" and was moved to tears :/
    Are we still talking about Weird Science??

• Its good? I downed that haven't watched yet!
    Not the best not the worst. I loved the track by the scissor sisters name escapes me but lifted the film loads.

Just watching "The Host." Errmm..jury still out. I may still be hung over. I just get annoyed when things contradict themselves. Supreme alien race able to mend the human body and even bring it back from death yet this race still have scaffolding tubes holding up their LED monitors WTF!? Budget?
    :D
  • Scissor Sisters rule! Had a hard time making it through The Host, the voice over narrating was jarring to me, and the story seemed a bit vacuous but..."Eh~ it passed the time "<-my official review
  • Ironman three
    Pretty good. I think the franchise is redeemed after that steaming pile that was Ironman 2
  • oh shit, that was quick :)

(is it on the torrent sites yet? :D)
  • oh shit, that was quick :)

(is it on the torrent sites yet? :D)
    No idea. I saw it glorious 3D with plush seats, little table for your goodies and extra leg room. Got cheap tickets for "Event" cinema.

• ^No idea. I saw it glorious 3D with plush seats, little table for your goodies and extra leg room. Got cheap tickets for "Event" cinema.
    Now that's my kinda of viewing experience!!!
  • there just aren't enough cinemas which serve alcohol.
  • what chris said!
  • Our local cinema has a bar and waitress service, it's fucking ace
  • A few in Tampa but plan on spending over $100 on a movie for 2. Only a fan of going to theaters if its a 'must see on a large screen' movie and then i just sneak in a flask o whiskey!
  • Our local cinema has a bar and waitress service, it's fucking ace
    Is it called "Everyman?" Heard of a few in London that does this but not got my shit together and ventured there yet.

• Iron Man 3

Ben Kingsley was excellent. So was Bruce Willis.

• Just watched |"Safe Haven." I abso blubbed buckets at the end...so moving!!!!