the great big interior design and accessories thread

Comments

• edited 11:03AM
    yeah, i hotlinked loads of images in this thread, i think. quite a few i've upped to imageshack though, and others, i've attached. oh come on, some may say "bandwidth stealing", others could say "free advertising" ;) ;)

designed by eric janssen, the quote/unquote bookends are for the truly literate with books that speak to them in image alone. concrete core with synthetic rubber exterior.
    quote-unquote bookends by eric janssen

don't park the mini in your house, but smeg fridge is pretty sweet!
    Now if the mini itself was the fridge..that would be sick... Open the bonnet for the drinks, doors for food, boot for the freezer :p

Would need one hell of a big place to put it though ;)
    http://www.tafarkitektkontor.se/
  • edited June 2007

vinyl wall sticker things *link editored!*

not particularly 'pc', but quite the quirky light pull
    your vinyl link takes us to the image

cool wallpaper made with clever techniques, probably not cheap :)

easier to stick normal wallpaper up and take a handfull of magic mushrooms instead ;)

"ULO" - flexible framed chair, check out the video!

Funny how he never sits in the chair !
    squapple:Funny how he never sits in the chair !
    I was just about to say that!
    heh yeah, strange that, huh? :D

daniel enoksson's design for a radiator - "I wanted give the radiator a more prominent part, so gave it colour and let it climb the walls like a creeper."
  • edited June 2007
    I remember this one from Baseboard.

Maxalot Wallpapers an stuff:

http://www.maxalot.com/xpsf/xpsif_all.shtml

"Remember those crummy old alarm clocks from the seventies that used numbers that flipped as the time changed? Dutch designer Will Vanden Vos has reinvented the classic flip clock as a work of modern magnificence..."
    mmmmmm.... that clock....
    the clock rocks! did i read $80 there somewhere? it's not expensive...

"Simple as a paper plane: A few foldings transform a composite panel into a real lightweight chair of 2kgs only. A couple of polygons create a clear, graphic unity."

papton chair, from fuchs-funke
    $80 ! I might try and get one.
    "I’m still looking for a U.S. importer for these, but for now, you can pick one up from Japan’s Visions Coax for ¥9975 (appx. $80 USD.)"

you'll have to translate the page, i think - the original translation link took waaaay too long to load here.
  • edited June 2007
    Found it here:

http://mookiegifts.com/alflclwigeby.html

Pity you cant change that type face.

Some more cool clocks here:

http://www.squidoo.com/CoolClocks/

• edited June 2007
    That clock can also be found here:

http://www.littleclockshop.com/gear_flip_alarm_clock.html

for just $68 each. I just ordered one for myself.
    nice one! i may just order one for myself... damn import duty though heh

needs stomping on to turn it off, or just dropping a book on it, i guess :D
  • edited June 2007
    when is a door not a door? when it's ajar! *boom tish*

wallpaper to keep you busy (and your house looking really messy, really quickly) - from
    here's a couple of pretty interesting ideas from jack godfrey wood. namely, the "£used plug"

and the "house-off switch"

chris:image

wallpaper to keep you busy (and your house looking really messy, really quickly)

I like...
    I know, superb. Especially if its in somebody elses house and not your own!
    needs a place for drinks and snacks. maybe doors on the front compartments, keep the contents safe. nice thought though
    gregg fleishman - he good with da wood, yo!
    ha a clever clever craftman.
    Some seriously good ideas in here.
    ooOOoo nice, squapple!

Swell is a hollow grown copper vessel that has been pierced with a 45-caliber slug. An object formed for its deconstruction in the hope of eliciting new beauty. blanc*
    very very phallic !
    hehe, i thought it was a brass urine pot thing, like what they have in them there hospitals (although, they have cardboard ones there).

you wouldn't believe the amount of time i've just spent google imaging a cardboard pee-pot...
    LOL !!

steam bent oak seats from matthias pliessnig
    McKs:a bit risky, after some some true design classics, but here's my office, designed by, well, us.
    How can one get anything done with so much light?
    chris:
    easier to stick normal wallpaper up and take a handfull of magic mushrooms instead ;)

HEH! That is badass though
    from t16.no, design group out of the bergen national academy in norway
    Fantastic. They'd be great in large room. I luv 'em.

leather bath tub from wsbathcollections.com
  • edited July 2007

lightspeaker lamp

A very surprising floor lamp! It is shaped like a loudspeaker, but instead of emitting sound it emits light. The "bass & treble reflectors" in the polished white acrylic box are really light reflectors with mirror topped bulbs. And the volume control is really a dimmer.

The fact is that most of the reflecting light bounces back into the box, making it glow, and doesn’t blind the spectator. The design however, has a much more dazzling effect.
    top ten google news item cushions

click for more
  • edited July 2007
    “This is an infinitely customizable wardrobe, one that disappears behind the walls and integrates perfectly with the interior architecture of the home.

It is characterized by an innovative approach to color and a system that is so flexible and versatile that it matches the exact measurements of any desire. It is not a simple modular system, but a product that achieves a perfect fit between the visualized dream and the realized solution.

The 21 to 115 cm modular strips with multiple intermediate widths create the design of the wardrobe giving a new visual pattern as if in a musical sequence.

This is an actual to-the-inch solution not only for the dimensions but also for the senses: in fact, each strip can be coloured differently.

The innovative door opening system does away with the handles, blending N.O.W. into the architecture of the walls and even creating fresh chromatic moods in tone with its surrounds.
    www.lago.it