the great big graffiti, street art and alternative / guerrilla marketing thread

Comments

• edited 6:01PM

the birth of a spraycan

Ever wondered how a Montana Spraycan gets produced? This video gives you a inside look of the production, from the first to the last step!
    krink.com saidOn Friday April 8th, G-Shock & Krink celebrated their recent partnership with a unique exhibition of Craig Costello’s work – Spray Paint the Walls.

Costello’s artwork, an abstraction inspired by his history of working with urban environments and architecture. Costello sprayed gallons of paint onto the walls filling the white space with bold color from the ceiling to the floor, the diluted-paint dripping down in vertical lines forming a pattern. The color and shapes have an organic feel that contrast with the hard lines and shapes of the urban environment. Other walls featured small framed monochrome drawings created using Krink on paper and displayed a vibrant range of color.
    haze street mural graf graffiti painting street art
    new mural @ standard hotel, la

At 40’ x 6’, I thought the wall was an ideal dimension for the kind of painting which calls for a full stroke top to bottom,
    the same way we would have approached a T2B on a train car from a platform or catwalk back in the day…
    I also thought it would be a good place to start working with a combination of spray paint and traditional brush,
    looking to conceptually fuse together different references through the juxtaposition of technique and materials.
    banksy's real name is ...
    Artist says city erased mural it paid him to paint
    Artist Joel Richardson says the city has painted over a popular Dupont St. mural that it paid him $2,000 to create, an apparent misfire in Mayor Rob Ford’s war on graffiti.

A city spokeswoman says the railway underpass wall was returned to drab grey because Richardson’s artwork was unauthorized, uncommissioned, political and may have “referred to (Prime Minister) Stephen Harper.”

Richardson says in 2008 then-Davenport councillor Adam Giambrone’s office asked him to paint a mural on the north wall of the underpass west of Lansdowne Ave., on the funky Junction Triangle neighbourhood’s eastern edge.

The colourful scene of faceless men in suits, dollar signs and hearts, funded mostly through donations from local businesses, proved popular enough, he says, that Giambrone’s staff asked him to paint another mural on the south wall, and helped him get a $2,000 commission from the city’s Clean and Beautiful secretariat.

Dimensions 40'x8'. Shot by Rick Symonds. Enjoy and please spread the word.

aarondelacruz.com

(fast as fook, amiright?!)

Artist James Bullough & Karl Addison collaborate on a massive Tyrannosaurus Rex sporting a suit and a gold chain. Time Lapse video documents their progress & fun throughout the day of sun, rain, sun & evening.

Tyrannosaurus Rex at Grabowsee, the former sanatorium for tuberculosis patients of Heilstätte Grabowsee (1896 to 1945), and Russian military hospital from 1945.

Artwork by Karl Addison & James Bullough. For more of their work, check out idrawalot.com and jamesbullough.com.
    "'Stained Window," a collaboration between renowned street artist Banksy and students at the City of Angels public school in Los Angeles
    banksy's stained glass graffiti street art work
    QR_STENCILER and QR_HOBO_CODES
    "Yep, it’s a QR code stencil generator! We present QR_STENCILER, a free, fully-automated utility which converts QR codes into vector-based stencil patterns suitable for laser-cutting. Additionally, we present QR_HOBO_CODES, a series of one hundred QR stencil designs which, covertly marked in urban spaces, may be used to warn people about danger or clue them into good situations."

click
    nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    i'm working on mine right now :P
    Appreciate that this is just the crappy Daily Fail, but....

Tree-mendous: The astonishing cobweb 'yarnbombing' that took graffiti knitter three months
    i swear those trees appear on a few pages in this thread [no pun]...

welcome to the west country, please don't laugh at our accents
    oh wait, that would have been more likely the vandalism for old ladies thread, nm ;)

The newly re-opened Wooden Waves skatepark, based in renowned UK skate and surf destination Newquay, is now home to a one of a kind mural courtesy of Sutsu.

On Saturday 6th August, illustrator and Sutsu collaborator Jake Blanchard brought his unique style of illustration inspired by the environment, music and mythology to one of the ramps at Wooden Waves. The skatepark is a pilot initiative by Newquay Town Council in partnership with XtraVert social enterprise to find a sustainable, effective way of running the skatepark. Visitors were able to watch the mural take shape throughout the day and Tim Walker from Westbound TV filmed it on behalf of Sutsu.

Arrested Motion filmmaker Carlos Gonzalez follows Portuguese-born artist Vhils as he completes his latest work on the streets of Venice, California. This particular piece was done in conjunction with the "European Bailout Show" at the Post No Bills showspace and located just on the side of the gallery. Watch as the process unfolds...

view vimeo video in couch mode icon
    hot as fuck! <3

hot stuff from messa!
    oof!
    Alice Pasquini - Vitry sur seine (FR)
    Electric Projected 2011 (Full Show)

On the evening of October 1st at the intersection of Main Street and East Main in Beacon NY we shut down the street and had party. When the sun set 24 animated shorts were projected onto the facade of the Electric Windows Building. Each animation was inspired by one of the pieces of art on the building. DJ Bobby Collins rocked a custom mix during the animations. After the main event Bobby C Sound TV DJ'd his famous Audio/Visual DJ Sets and continued the projections on the building, everyone danced in the streets...
  • more vhils!

• If this catches on B&Q are gonna start stocking light projectors :D

Awesome!!!!
  • well well, this is pretty clever.

• that's awesome :D
  • Yes, lovely. Quite a spectacle.
  • wow, what a pun! i didn't see that coming.
  • wow, what a pun! i didn't see that coming.
    should have gone to specsavers.
  • new banksy piece - i quite like this one...

image image
  • Wow Banksy, wasn't expecting it was his. Yes, quite likes, here too...

Which makes me think, I was down the Essex Road the other day and don't remember seeing that infamous tesco bag one (that the chemist covered), but did notice some muppet had made reference to it in the name of their business... can't remember how now but it struck me at the time - sheesh!

ok, so it's only a proposal for the baruch housing projects, but still :)
  • edited April 2012
    pinocchio sarkozy!
  • ^ Haha, I saw that too, meant to post (no pun intended) but forgot!
  • haha, bravo!
    Czech artist Roman Tyc replaced 48 traffic lights
    in Prague with red and green figures performing acts such as walking a dog, drinking and urinating, just to name a few...

weird that meska didn't post this in here, the thread about graff which he started, etc ;)
  • edited June 2012