Earthlings

edited May 2007 in not for work
A documentary about animal abuse.

It's a hour and a half, but please, watch it. :awkward:

Comments

• edited 9:23PM
    okay... had to stop that when they threw the live dog into the garbage truck...knew i should not have watched any of that
    i will now feel like hell for the rest of the day
    thanks for the info, orson. I don't know if I can watch something like that.
  • edited May 2007
    Chicken, thanks for linking the video, I never remember the code.

If you think that live dog in the garbage truck was bad just wait for the slaughterhouse part. If you think you can stomach it, please watch it. You all really should. Truth is not beautiful. But everyone who has ever been at macdonalds deserves to watch this :D

I personally was unable to watch the part that was about the scientific tests on animals. I just listened to that with my eyes closed and even that was bad. The circus part was also disgusting.

I am myself from a farm and I have been around domesticated animals and butchering and stuff all my life and I have a certain knowledge of how animals are handled. But when all that is industrialised, oh my god. I must say that I knew from the news that animals are handled poorly somewhere, but I had no idea how poorly!

The saying that "if people would have to kill their own food, everyone would be a vegetarian" is not too far from the truth. I have killed a lot of animals in my life. I know how it feels and it is not easy. Hunting is little different. It's somehow more natural, the animal has a change. But butchering is just nasty.

This certainy made me think a little about what animal products I buy in the future.

All this because of the added revenue. Money is the source of a lot of evil it seems.
    There is no way that I can watch that. I've seen clips in the past, photos and read a heap on various forms of animal abuse so I am well aware of what takes place. Though, I appreciate the link and urge everyone who doesn't understand what goes on to watch it.

The most perverse of the lot has to be the animal testing for me - the testing on household cleaning products, make-up, shampoo....anything really that we come in contact with. It's vile and it's completely unnecessary. The only companies that get my money now are the ones with decent ethics, that don't test on animals and go out of their way to ensure that the companies they are purchasing ingredients from don't either. I can't fund something like that. No way.
    franco:I can't fund something like that. No way.
    Shame the NHS doesn't spend your taxes in the same way huh?
    Cheap shot.
    thanks for pointing us/me towards this video, jussi. i (too) often heard/read of animal abuse and things like that but i've never seen any footage about this.
    jussi-k:
    This certainy made me think a little about what animal products I buy in the future.
    same goes for me
    Not too keen on animal abuse, we should stick to people.

Though we could still use cats. Hate learned to hate cats.
    I watched over an hour of it, quite grusem how that meat gets on your plate. but how other way can it be done. except for the humain ways. Clean Quick deaths I say. Im still for meat. just better educated on how its produced.
    Thanks for the link :nausea:
    Yes, you do always know, in the back of you mind, what's going on but it is good to be reminded. The sickest of things for me are the tests done to improve human medicine, I've never agreed with that.