Ikea's SPACE10 Publishes Website of Technology-Based Experimental Living Features

edited 2:20PM in creations

SPACE10, Ikea's research and design lab, has launched a series of publicly-viewable "digital experiments" featuring new ways to interact with your home. They're not embeddable, but we'll link to some examples:

Light Gestures, by Design Technologist Timi Oyedeji, asks "What if your hand gesture spoke to a light fitting?"

Optical Soundsystem, by design studio ManvsMachine, asks "What if you could see the way music travels around your home?"

Light Filters, also by ManvsMachine, asks "What if you could see the effect of light before deciding on a lamp?"

The site is called EverydayExperiments.com, and there are currently 18 experiments featured.

If I have one complaint: I found the website confusing and difficult to navigate, rendering the information difficult to absorb. Each experiment's page is a wild mish-mash of differing font sizes, distracting auto-playing animations versus videos you click to play, an overall bizarre layout, and a lot of scrolling and aim-clicking to get around. I think this would be a lot more successful, particularly with laypeople if, ironically, the website itself was better designed.

Source: 000187b8-0000-0000-0000-000000000000