Play - An application for playing and managing audio files

edited May 2007 in conversations
What is Play?

Play is an application for playing and managing audio files.

Play currently supports playback of FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, Musepack, WavPack, Monkey's Audio, AAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and various other audio file formats.

For lossless formats such as FLAC and WavPack, and for Ogg Vorbis and specially-tagged MP3 files, Play supports gapless playback allowing sample-accurate audio reproduction.

Play's powerful searching and organizational features make finding music a snap! Play's integrated browser allows you to easily locate tracks in your library grouped by artist, album, composer, or genre, while smart playlists create unlimited ways to combine your music.

Need to make changes to your audio files' metadata? No problem! Play has a powerful integrated metadata editor that allows multiple files to be edited at once, even if the files are in different formats.

Never touch your volume control again! Play supports replay gain, allowing files to play at a constant volume despite inherent differences in their loudness.

Play is integrated with the official Last.fm client, so you can share your listening habits with everyone. Consider joining the Play Users group!

Play is free software released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

WHAT'S NEW
Version 0.1.1: WavPack metadata is now read properly.

REQUIREMENTS
Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

Comments

• edited 4:51AM
    have you tried it yet, chicken?
  • edited 4:51AM
    that's a very interesting and ... very ugly app :)
  • edited May 2007
    I have tried it since it comes from the same developer that brought us "Max". It does what it says but since I don't have FLACs (or other lossless formats) on my HD I don't really need it.. and it isn't exactly hot shit eye candy. what is neat is the ability to edit the meta on multiple files in one go even though the files can each be of a different format. The GUI really needs some major sorting out.