xPad 1.2.5 - Free update to Garrett Murray’s now-free notepad app

edited April 2007 in conversations
This is going to sound insane, but here goes anyway: I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of xPad, version 1.2.5

This is a Universal version of xPad and it's completely free. It has all registration and nag items/limits removed, and it's blazing fast on both Intel and PowerPC Macs.

xPad still lacks features I know it needs (global search, Spotlight integration), but these will have to wait until I open source it and smarter people add them (this is still planned, and now you know why I haven't done it yet). For now, the goal was to release a bug-free, high quality Universal/free version of xPad.

Many months ago, when the whole xPad debacle went down, Brian Ball's developer released an updated version of xPad (which he called 1.2), that did not have nearly the care or quality of previous xPad builds. This version, which I created, does. You'll note that it looks the same as before (and does not include visual bugs like that of the Ball version), only now it's Universal, faster, and free.

If you upgraded to that Ball version (1.2), please upgrade to this newer version. Things should look a lot better.

I hope it's useful for people. I still use xPad from time to time, and now it's much faster on my Intel Mac.
I've been using this niffty app for some time and now it goes freeware :awkward: sheeesh!
xPad is the ultimate notepad, TextEdit and Stickies replacement for Apple's OS X. With a simple, easy-to-use interface and powerful multi-document features, xPad will quickly become your daily text editor of choice.

With xPad you can create as many documents as you like, all of which are managed in one window. Attached to that window is a drawer containing a list of all the documents you've created. Any document can be selected and loaded instantly—at any time—allowing you to easily create and manage hundreds of documents without cluttering your desktop.

Staying organized with xPad is easy. With the category editor you can create and color-code categories, then quickly assign documents in the drawer. Documents can be sorted by name, date or category. Now you can efficiently manage limitless documents with color coding that provides a constant reminder of your organizational scheme.

You can quickly rename documents, delete one or many, and export a single, multiple, or all your documents in both Rich and Plain Text formats using both drag and drop or conventional panels. You can also instantly export to your iPod, allowing you to read your documents when you are away from your computer.

xPad automatically saves your work, so you never have to worry about manually saving what you're working on or accidentally closing something without saving—and losing all your information.

xPad is written in Cocoa.

Comments