Shiira

edited April 2007 in conversations
Shiira 2 now available

It doesn't feel like a final release though

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I kinda dig it. It taps into your Keychain info (I'm using it to type this and I didn't have to sign in), the transitions are nice and I dig the exposé feature ( not that I see myself using it much). It won't replace Safari just yet (maybe I'll rethink it after a few updates), but to me it's a front runner. I rate it higher than firefox (ducks and prepares to get flamed) just because I like my mac browser to look like it's on a mac without having to add a bunch of plugins.
  • edited 2:00PM
    I'm inclined to agree with Chicken, because it's bookmarks import is still cock and crashes whenever i try and import from Safari/Camino or Firefox. The features are nice, but it's slower than Camino. And that for me is useless. It should be as responsive as Sunrise with the all the features fully bug free and as stable as Camino.
    Ah, see I use Bookit to sync all my bookmarks across all browsers. Mine where already in the browser and I didn't need to use the built in "service".
    The new Camino beta recognizes Safari keychain entries, too. :wink:
    flak:The new Camino beta recognizes Safari keychain entries, too. :wink:
    Yes, but no RSS support. I like the way apps like this support RSS feeds in the browser, instead of "suggesting" external apps. Plus, it didn't sign me in to this site automatically (I've never been a guest ever, people know better than that). Little things, I know, but little things count.

Like I said, I'm not completely sold on it, nor have I tested it thoroughly, but rate it higher at a glance than most others after spending the same amount of time with them as I have this.
  • edited April 2007
    "Ah, see I use Bookit to sync all my bookmarks across all browsers. Mine where already in the browser and I didn't need to use the built in 'service'."

Sweet, i'm gonna try that out.

I do like the features on V2 - Shiira V1 was my browser of choice for some time - but i hope it becomes a more pacier, robust build.
    Ill give this a run when I get to the home studio...
    Nice! I like it.