Vinyl (tv)

edited February 2016 in conversations
watched the pilot/e01 of this last night, and quite enjoyed it!

some biiiiig names involved in the making of it. could go either way, i guess :D

vinyl on hbo
Vinyl is an American period drama television series created by Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese, Rich Cohen and Terence Winter. The series stars Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, a record executive in the 1970s. It premiered on HBO on February 14, 2016.

From a teleplay by Terence Winter and George Mastras, and story by Rich Cohen, Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter, the pilot episode is directed by Scorsese. The first season will consist of 10 episodes. Scorsese has confirmed plans to direct further episodes of the series.

Comments

• it's fun. not completely realistic and has been scrocese'd, but i enjoyed it, too.

only 10 episodes...ever...no more...even if hbo is already begging for more. i like this...
  • Looking forward to this!
  • ^Pile of shit. Same old same old glossed over. Building scene where he walks away WTF!?
    Payola, drug taking, shagging, white man executive shafting his black genius artist mate. ZZZzzz
  • ^Pile of shit. Same old same old glossed over. Building scene where he walks away WTF!?
    Payola, drug taking, shagging, white man executive shafting his black genius artist mate. ZZZzzz
  • Beautifully shot, quite well paced, good acting and a nice opener to a possible belter of a story, I agree :D
  • Now this...is something to churn about.

Food for thought is all me say ;)
  • BW, you know there will be some retribution.. i fucking love Bobby Canavale. What a great start.
  • ^Thanks for heads up. Kevlar vest dusted and adorned.

For real Bob is badass. Boardwalk PHEW!!!!!
    Hits his character requirements in Vinyl with aplomb.

• I really like this series.
  • just grabbed 4 and 5, fell behind a little bit!

(also grabbed the new better call saul, first two seasons of rick and morty, baskets e07 and e08...)