What are you reading right now?

edited December 2015 in conversations
Randomly picked this up in the bookshops last month, just through reading the jacket, without knowing its background…

Comments

• holy shit.

also, i've not read (properly) for ages :( last book was actually just guy martin's autobiog, too - that probably doesn't even count :D :D
  • ^^is a bloody good read.
  • Who is Guy Martin and where did he come from??
  • I also have this

Been meaning to start it for about a month now. Bit busy right now to have two books on the go.
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    holy shit.

also, i've not read (properly) for ages :( last book was actually just guy martin's autobiog, too - that probably doesn't even count :D :D
    My book reading has been very sporadic over the years and I've been trying to do something about it more recently, cause I know I enjoy (and benefit from) it when I do; life and easier distractions just get in the way through, don't them!
  • Woah, that looks interesting @nicko… might have to give that a look-up.
  • "Guy Martin "takes you" on the ride of his life!" (snigger, chortle, belly ache laughter)

Ahem...yes that looks quite interesting :D
  • *stares at BW*
  • For real me like him. Promise!

Just being the usual "innuendo detective/comedian" is all...
    Stop staring...starting to think I should be feeling moist...but...it's gone...never mind

xxx's
  • edited December 2015

It's the story of a poor innocent bicameral donkey forced to work against his will in Tijuana,Mexico..
    The Jaynes one? Turns out that there's a pdf of it here
    The Jaynes one? Turns out that there's a pdf of it here
    Yes! Cheers Mr nick, clicking now…
    It's the story of a poor innocent bicameral donkey forced to work against his will in Tijuana,Mexico..
    Haha :D

…you still reading that! I'm sure it must be five-six years ago you – or someone – post that here or base!

It must be well thumbed by now!!

…the book ;)
  • This one by my mate Clifford

• edited February 2016
    I'm reading "The Bible" by my mate Jesus ;)

But seriously...hard to give an unbiased review but has your mate done a good job?
  • edited February 2016
    i nearly bought the martian the other day, does that count? :D
  • edited February 2016
    nearly bought
    heh heh heh... It's hard to break the old Baseboard's habits..eh?

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=648237&hilit=the+martian
  • This thread.
  • i highly recommend reading the comments about an article about a 9 year old reporter.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11434910

not sarcastic or condescending ever. often mind numblingly tedious. sometimes hilarious. mostly hilarious when you consider they are being way too serious.

;)
  • I'm reading "The Bible" by my mate Jesus ;)

But seriously...hard to give an unbiased review but has your mate done a good job?
    I think he did good, yeah. Clifford is a piano guy, too – he provided the chords and played off camera for Bowie on Extras (the Pug-nosed face skit) – and was apparently inspired by Garson from an early age. His book sort of reads like a long essay with lots of footnotes and the like.