social media is not real life

edited November 2015 in conversations
essena o'neill (model) quits, and tells you why.

(i wonder if she's still monetising her youtube videos, though :D )

Comments

• Oh I saw that this morning and was trying to weigh-up what I thought of it; without being cynical, I don't expect it will have much impact and she'll probably just side-strop < ( :D that was an unintentional typo!) into some other kind of media-ish role…
  • she seems very young. having said that, i think her audience may well benefit from it (i'd hope, otherwise it's just car-crashing with no purpose heh).

someone on another forum said "fucking millennials" :D
  • Yes, I think you might be right - here comment about her 12 year self seemed very heart-felt, so let's hope so.

Ha, yes! :)

There were a lot of post I saw 'responding' to her, I bet that's a mixed bag.
  • Yeah, people are really going at her, eh?

I can see the point she's trying to make though, and think it's a good message for kids. Course, she could have gone about it a little differently, but do remember she's but a kid herself...
  • Ok, just skimmed the Elle article, and yes, pretty much.
  • edited November 2015
    Yes, it was the right message but in that medium/platform I think was always going to be hard to deliver in the right way… I still imagine she'll come out of it okay (I hope/I expect) and get on. Yes, she is still young herself and if the story of the 12 year old self is genuine, she'll still be dealing with some of that.

I see she's closed her you tube account.
  • Instagram too