El Capitan

edited July 2015 in conversations
Anyone using this? I'm liking it a lot (obviously acts strangely in places - beta blah etc etc), but this 2009 iMac seems to be performing a little better.

Comments

• ...good to hear of performance improvements. I don't mind it not being a revolutionary upgrade (not got the beta), quite like them building on and improving what's there for now.

Top feature for you?
  • i've only heard good things about el capitan and older machines. i have a 2010 mbp and it runs very well on it...
  • i always prefer the 'fixing' upgrades, rather than the 'adding features and bugs' upgrades. more software houses should do it.
  • Dudes, I cannot seriously say this enough. If you can't afford to have your hair set on fire, your machine turned into antimatter, and it drive you before it, so it can hear the lamentations of your women, DO NOT USE THIS.

It has some improvements, but some really scary crap that breaks apps as well.
  • *challenge accepted!*
  • Yep, i love using a beta system on live production. Live life to the edge I say :D
  • ...good to hear of performance improvements. I don't mind it not being a revolutionary upgrade (not got the beta), quite like them building on and improving what's there for now.

Top feature for you?
    Performance seems to be snappier, with a whole lot of subtle ui tweaks. I love the San Francisco font replacement, have been using the hack up until now. Apple have addressed (probably needs a touch more tweaking) the non-retina rendering of this system font. Split screen working is interesting, i think i just need to get used to it on my iMac 27... Have to unlearn some dirty habits.
  • amam
    edited August 2015
    Works great on my macbook pro! Big Thumbs Up for Performance too! ;)
  • SO... I am on both iOS and El Capitan beta programmes, and can say that the only problem I had was with SIPS control on my Epson printer - which is now resolved. :)
  • I finally updated to El Capitan, smoothly does it, too. Was only really worried about Wacom drivers, but seems I had no reason to be :)
  • OSX is fully mature now - not many surprises anymore. I don't care for new things - just better things.

Well, I would like eyeball tracking so I don't have to use any kind of mouse. And, Siri, of course.
  • Ok, I take that back. I want some new things... ;)
  • Now Siri in the OS would be amazing.
  • That can't be too difficult, right?!
  • one would think it wouldn't be so difficult. but, noooooooo...
  • Wonder why they're holding off implementing it.
  • edited January 2016
    They have patents or whatever in place for it, maybe just perfecting it?

Cortana is in windows 10 already, right?
  • If they have, hopefully the api will be applicable on a deeper level, than the iOS implementation.
  • and what was i saying about eyeballs? please please please...