mac os 10.5 leopard to ship in october

edited April 2007 in conversations
yes, that's quite the wait, isn't it? :)

Apple Statement
Thursday April 12, 4:30 pm ET

CUPERTINO, Calif., April 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Apple today released the following statement:

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can't wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is. However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price -- we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS® X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned. While Leopard's features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones.

yahoo biznizz

Comments

• edited 2:53PM
    I'm sick of waiting for stuff. Always waiting. Halo especially!
    Before anyone starts drawing comparisons to Vista, I don't mind waiting 4 months to improve an OS. now, four years...
    Im not interested in the iPhone, I want a new OS :p
    I want the phone! I already have a Mac OS.
    I have very little interest in the iPone because a: it's too big, and b: the only feature I'm interested in besides making a call is a camera, and the iPhone's looks to be quite mediocre.
    I am quite anxious to see what the first real Intel/64-bit Mac OS is all about though.

As for Vista, I've been using it for a bit on my Intel iMac, and it even compares poorly to Tiger. So in that regard, there's no need for Apple to rush out a new OS when they already have Vista beat handsdown
    i heard of someone who uninstalled Vista to stick XP back on, they were so unimpressed by it.
    can't imagine he actually stumped up for the box, it must've come preinstalled - he couldn't be THAT stupid!
    I luckily retained a XP install for Parallels on the iMac as well, my girlfriend needs to be able to use AutoCAD, and the 2007 version I have doesn't run on that Vista POS.
    I wan the phone as well Juzz. I need the phone!

Ive also heard many bad rumours about Vista. Loads of peecees in work are using it.
    waiting is what makes the world good :)
    life would be boring without something to wait for
    Seriously, what's the big deal? It's not like your X.4 install is going to expire in May or anything.
  • edited April 2007
    Biff:Seriously, what's the big deal? It's not like your X.4 install is going to expire in May or anything.
    bingo.
    Biff:Seriously, what's the big deal? It's not like your X.4 install is going to expire in May or anything.
    ... he's prolly a version junkie? :)
    I'm not arsed about when I get my copy of the new OS. I just want the phone and Halo 3 !!
  • ihcihc
    edited 2:53PM
    McKs:I luckily retained a XP install for Parallels on the iMac as well, my girlfriend needs to be able to use AutoCAD, and the 2007 version I have doesn't run on that Vista POS.
    to be fair - that is autocad's fault more than m$