I think it was because Jesus liked chocolate ¿¿¿

edited April 2007 in conversations
Any other ideas why chocolate eggs and Easter are associated?

On matters that are currenty confusing me no end, has anyone seen the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" and then watched "The Greatest Global Warming Swindle" back to back?
I thought doing so would nudge me in the right direction, but...
For the benefit of the fuys outside UK, here is link to latter: http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/G/great_global_warming_swindle/index.html

Looks like I'm gona have to watch "Sunshine" over the hols to defuse some thoughts.

Heard it's a great movie with a great car chase, some guys get blown up some get shot and the girl gets the guy in the end!

Happy Hols

vortexual
:wink:

Comments

• edited 12:48PM
    The latest south park episode clears it all up perfectly. Makes perfect sense now :p
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Global_Warming_Swindle

The documentary is not too reliable. So I'd be careful with it.
  • edited April 2007
    It's just as reliable as Gore's. You don't get to declare accuracy on a documentary based on your point of view. AFAIK, none of us are either climate scientists, nor do we have the advantage of having lived over geological timeframes.

That said, some precautions are only prudent, but they need to be UNIVERSAL. This whole "developing nation" bullshit is just that- bullshit.
    Biff:That said, some precautions are only prudent, but they need to be UNIVERSAL. This whole "developing nation" bullshit is just that- bullshit.
    I disagree with that. Developing nations are going produce greenhouse gases whether we try to control ours or not, the emissions they do produce will pale in comparison to what we already are.
    I'm not a climate scientist, just trying to make this simple...
    If 10 is a bad number, and lets say developing nations are a 2, and the developed nations(those that can afford to make changes) are a 7.
    Wouldn't it be best we try to make some changes and bring that 7 down to a 4,5 or 6, as opposed to doing nothing and/or possibly raising that 7 to an 8 or 9...
    Its the people that don't believe that global warming is a problem, who use the argumewnt that we could harm developing nations by making changes, the way i see it, since they dont pose that much of a problem right now, why involve them...
    I dont really know what anyones long term plans are, and dont pretend to know enough about the issue to say how i feel about said plans,
    but, as I've said before, I am highly annoyed this has become a politicized issue.
    Eh~ I'm little drunk...Fuck what i say!
    Ahem...pay attention everyone...
    The following is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth :wink:

" Money makes the world go around,
    the world go around, the world go around,
    Money makes the world go around,
    it makes the world go round.

A mark, a yen, a buck or a pound,
    a buck or a pound, a buck or a pound,
    Is all that makes the world go around,
    that clinking clanking sound,
    Can make the world go round.

If you happen to be rich, and you feel like a night's entertainment,
    You can pay for a gay escapade.
    If you happen to be rich, and alone and you need a companion,
    You can ring ting-a-ling for the maid.
    If you happen to be rich and you find you are left by your lover,
    Tho you moan and you groan quite a lot,
    You can take it on the chin,
    call a cab and begin to recover on your fourteen carat yacht.

the world go around, the world go around,
    of that we both are sure.
    (Raspberry) On being poor.

When you haven't any coal in the stove and you freeze in the winter
    And you curse to the wind at your fate.
    When you haven't any shoes on your feet and your coat's thin as paper
    And you look thirty pounds underweight,
    When you go to get a word of advice from the fat little pastor,
    he will tell you to love evermore.
    But when hunger comes to rap, rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat, at the window
    See how love flies out the door.

For money makes the world go around, the world go around,
    the world go around.
    the clinking, clanking sound
    of Money, money, money, money,
    Money, money, money, money,
    Get a little, get a little,
    Money, money, money, money,
    Mark, a yen, a buck or a pound,
    That clinking, clanking clunking sound
    is all that makes the world go round,
    It makes the world go round."
  • edited April 2007
    orsonrockwell:
    Biff:That said, some precautions are only prudent, but they need to be UNIVERSAL. This whole "developing nation" bullshit is just that- bullshit.
    If 10 is a bad number, and lets say developing nations are a 2, and the developed nations(those that can afford to make changes) are a 7.
    China and India are "developing nations". Don't they have a 7+?
    i just dont believe in blanket rules...maybe we could make estimates on how much pollution a country is producing and apply some kind of percentage of reduction to them based on that~ im just saying that to attempt to create an 'evryone must, and everyone cant' solution to the issue at hand seems destined for failure... the more an issue becomes politicized the less its solutions become grounded in reality, end result small factions with fantasies based on ideology
    Woa, hijacked thread here.

Back to the important issue of chocolate and easter...

Try here
    Hijacked???
    Sheeeeit! I didn't even know what the fuck this thread was all about in the first place...
    seemed like as good a place as any, to start ranting my drunken foolishness!
    :wink: