Battlestar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line

edited April 2007 in conversations
What is Beyond the Red Line

Beyond the Red Line is a stand-alone total conversion for the award-winning Freespace 2 released by Volition and Interplay for the PC. It is based on the popular new tv-show Battlestar Galactica. No, not the one from the 70s.

Will I need Freespace 2 to play it?

No, Beyond the Red Line is a stand-alone conversion and will not require Freespace 2. All you need for playing will be included in the download.

Is it free?

Absolutely. The game is made by fans for the fans, no profit is being made from any part of the project. Altough we could use some pizzas and coke to keep our mortal bodies running.

Will the game feature newtonian "real space" physics?

No, original Freepsace 2 was designed as an arcade space shooter. However, we have included some new additions to the game that allow you to pull of some of the manouvers you see in the show.

Will there be multiplayer support?

Yes, multiplayer will feature such gameplay modes as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Gauntlet missions and possibly some coop missions.

Will the main campaign story follow the tv-show?

Download the demo and see for youself.

What sort of computer do I need to run the game?

Beyond the Red Line will run on a wide range of computer specifications. There will be many options you can tweak to make the performance optimal on your computer.

Will I need a joystick?

No, you can also use mouse, gamepad, or keyboard.

What kind of ships will be flyable?

You can fly Viper Mk II, Viper Mk VII and Raptor in the demo. More ships will possibly be featured in the main release.

PC demos out all ready available over bitorrent, Mac Demo Released today, Linux version soon *sigh*

GO GO!

Comments

• edited 12:31PM
    Neat. Cause the xbox battlestar game sucked.
    yay! thank you, skribe! *clicks on download link*
  • edited May 2007
    Okay, this is hot. I wonder how long they're going to take to finish it.
    well dling now hope its good
    I have issues with the options screens - and it quit on me in the middle of a mission.
    Anyone know of a non-torrent download? Firewall issues at work and am between internet connections at home.

Thanks
    Don't worry I found one here
    What a bummer. Looks like it could be good but the controls seem to be seriously buggy. I've played freespace before and didn't have any of these problems.

If you set custom controls they become inactive and when in a firefight your ship has a mind of its own. Unplayable as is for me.

Shame.