Get Tube

edited April 2007 in conversations
Get Tube is a tool for download video or audio on the You Tube site.

Link

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Thank you, chicken...maybe now I'll be able to work out some of the guitar stuff that's out there. I just can't seem to concentrate when the content is in a browser and I can't be sure I'll get back to it later...:smile:

(most of the other alternatives save as .flv which I don't like that much, but the one where you type "kiss" in front of "youtube" in the URL is pretty funny)
  • edited 4:15PM
    thanks simon, this looks great! :D
    no joy this end.:surprised:
    Keeps asking for vlc to be installed, which is, so... any ideas?

cheers

vortexual
    make sure that VLC is in the application folder
    thanks chicken :smile:

Sorted now

all the best

vortexual
  • edited April 2007
    oh, that's very nice. i used this one so far: http://vixy.net/ (completely server based)
    Simon says...

Get Tube 1.1

* Fix bug for VLC Path
    * Add download from site kewego.com
    * Add download from site www.dailymotion.com

Sucky Sucky
    cool hope this works well :)
    Yeah, it's good....on my connection here it gives the appearance of doing nothing except providing a corkscrewing progress bar, but it does actually end up producing results when you leave it to its own devices. An mp4 file pops up after a little while.
    A new app which does the same thing:

TubeTV 0.5

TubeTV is a new program which enables you to search for and save Google Video and YouTube videos in a format suitable for playback on your Apple TV or Video iPod. Upon conversion, double clicking the files will open them in iTunes allowing you to sync to your desired device (drag and drop to open with QuickTime Player instead if desired). The program includes a small browser and search functionality and exports with QuickTime using the H.264 codec.

The software doesn't require an installer; just copy it to your Applications folder and launch.

After downloading, a preference sets whether or not the movie is converted to H.264. If conversion is enabled, you will end up with two movie files on your desktop (or wherever you choose to save them). The file ending in .m4v is the one you should open with iTunes and sync to your iPod or Apple TV.

http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/tubetv/
    I like this one too.