your work, in progress

Comments

• edited 3:33PM
    i like it! but i worry that the text may be a little tight on the leading front. it's quite condensed, eh. also, what country is this for - i can't understand a word of it.
    It's only meant for really smart people sock :wink:

nice work squapple and what chris said about the leading
    lol !

The text isnt set in stone yet. I'm still un decided on the font. This is the job i was asking about condensed fonts to use. Point taken about the leading. Are you thinking maybe a point or two increase?
    yes, a point or two. Not too airy :smile:
    Nice.

I quite like it tightish, but I can now see that there could be a slight increase.

I love this place !
    Thanks for the comments, I'm off again now !!
    it's weird - if the font wasn't a condensed example, i reckon the leading would be ok this tight.
    there's another one, too. but it's a bit pointless posting that up atm as i still need to write some text for it.
    Here is rough finish of my site.
    chris said...it's weird - if the font wasn't a condensed example, i reckon the leading would be ok this tight.
    yeah, I quite like the condensed face so I'll try and increase the leading slightly.

Cheers for the comments chris and nicko ;)
    http://www.jkemppainen.com/antti/random/tunes/letthedevil.mp3

A song my brother made for a music video I am about to make. I hope that it will be done in a month or so. I am aiming a bit high with this one and it may actually cost me quite a lot of money to do.
  • edited June 2008
    Small thing really but it counts.

When you are done with the text, try and get rid of any widows - paragraphs that end with a single word on one line, either adjust the lines above to fit the widowed text in, or just move some words down to make a more complete line of text at the end.
    widows are evil !
    A test video. I am practicing slowmotion for my next video project.

http://www.jkemppainen.com/up/letunpaistoelokuva.mov
    LaFemmeMikita said...Here is rough finish of my site.
    its quite slow to load and the animations a jerky in IE7
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited July 2008
    Good thing I'm in Safari.

It is quite nice. Very *clean*.

Bravo!

Good luck and may the site bring you WORK but the kind of work you LIKE to do! (while we're wishing):wink:
    urbansurgeon said...
    LaFemmeMikita said...Here is rough finish of my site.
    its quite slow to load and the animations a jerky in IE7

really? I've had it tested by several peeps on IE7 and I've tested it too and this is first time to hear of slow load, issue with the javascript gallery. There are only 3 images on the home page javascript rotation, so I'm not sure why that would be slow to load. any ideas? and the design gallery is about 12 slides. I just had another friend who hasn't looked at it before check it out right now and she said it was smooth, no issues with loading or jerkiness. IE blows.
    im answering away from my pc box so from memory: the image sliding left seems not to complete before the text slides up of something so the image then appears half way own th container and is therefore half hidden and then when it has completed its left slide jumps up to its rightful position - so the while the sliding is smooth the end effect is a jumpy set of page objects

i think our internet at work is a bit sucky so take the slownes issue with a pinch of salt

that said, we are a t1/lan on a dedicated pipe .... i think its our stasilike firewall that is the slowdown
    thanks urban, so far no one else has had the same experience as you, so for now i'm inclined to say it's not a widespread issue, but i will keep it back of mind if someone else encounters it.
    thought you might like to see this

i think it survived quite well
  • edited July 2008
    overbyte said...thought you might like to see this

i think it survived quite well
    why do I have to click twice to see the pictures and read the text that goes with the little thumbnails?

apart from that it is cool ;-)

update: because behind some thumbnails actually there are two images and you are presented with two choices – Doh!
    i must admit, i considered going straight to the image if there was only a single entry and i might still - we'll see

thanks for the feedback
  • edited August 2008
  • CPUCPU
    edited 3:33PM
    you've got a font problem chris, the words next to "tender" look extremely pixelated! :wink:
    http://www.jkemppainen.com/lipservice/bear.m4v
    gnet24 charts and reporting
    flash/YUI charts stuff. might still be a little too 'google analytics' still, hehe... getting there.
    regularboldimage

(i'm kinda jk, though)
    mmmmmmmm... whats that for?
    dunno.

(ok, it may end up on that gnet thing)
    ribbony
    that's pretty cool.
    chris said...
    me likes! Bit BPish tho...
  • edited August 2008
    yeah, so far i'm only using the bottom right quadrant of it, so it's much less BP-like then.

something like this, prolly -

what's gnet?
    it's a global network of robotic humanoids which are currently passing themselves off as normal members of society, biding their time.
    Go skynet!
    chris said...it's a global network of robotic humanoids which are currently passing themselves off as normal members of society, biding their time.
    yah, OK
    I like it :)
    urbansurgeon said...ribbony
    briefing notes to the modelmakers - making toy blocks for the client to build their own towers from
    meska said...
    chris said...
    me likes! Bit BPish tho...
    i was thinking that too or the old nbc peacock. i like it too tho. :)
    not really in progress anymore, more like finished last week. It had been a while since I've played in photoshop, several months actually so it was really nice. Kinda got lost for 6hrs while I was working on it. went off on tangents several times until this one crept up and said I'm done.

Leland
    9.7lbs!
    actually I goofed, its 9lbs 7ounces, but close enough. about 2x as big as all of the other babies there at the time.
    Then he grew 3lbs and 4 inches the first month. We weighed him today and he's about 14lbs and 10ounces now.
    oh yeah, i didn't actually think of that 9.7 / 9lbs 7oz thing... hehe

big lad though, good on ya :)
    Taking a leaf out of Wormsnot's book...I've drawn this picture for the invitations to my son's first birthday/baptism, but I'm not so great at laying these things out.

As usual I can see plenty of problems with it, but the likeness was close enough to draw a laugh and a "drrdn-drrdn-ickl" from Gianluca.

Gianluca
    ~pinches cheek!
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 3:33PM
    What a cutie, Poppa!!!!
    most excellent, mr mondo :)
    very nice announcement, wormy. i'm sure that by the time you got him home, his weight was very close to that. sweet pic.

mondo, he's a charmer; good eye, papa. well done.

x