your work, in progress

Comments

• edited 5:41AM
    heh yeah, and less work for me too....it's all tangled up with my landlady, the local theater group, being social, tasks being added after my commitment was made, all sorts of things...it was more fun than a lot of other stuff i had to do, so there you go.

when the show is over i will be taking my sawsall to it :D
    LOL! maybe you should've filled it with candy and given everybody whacks at it after the show. :D
  • edited April 2008
    HA!

good idea......hmmm....maybe leave em a surprise under the lid for opening night :D

EDIT: just came from dress rehearsal and it was pretty bad. toilet looked good though.

the director actually said this: 'the lighting guy is NOT the brightest bulb in the chandelier"
  • edited April 2008
    monday is comic day

one freshly off the press here

obie x
    bull said...the director actually said this: 'the lighting guy is NOT the brightest bulb in the chandelier"
    did he say that the prop guy knows his shit? :D
    LMAO

thanks nimm :D
    What about a "What I've worked on and can now finally show without getting sacked for showing something which is still hush-hush"-Thread ? :)
  • edited April 2008
    I tried: it is too long a name

but

http://www.fazyluckers.com/discussion/2955/your-work-finished/
    you are the only one posting progress shots of it, if you aren't :)

(you aren't, as i'm doing work right now, too!)
    nice bounces, too!
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 5:41AM
    chris said...nice bounces, too!
    ...AND nice *glass effects* on the windscreens!
    i'm currently working on something which is really quite annoying due, mainly, to some of the other people involved in it. i'll be glad to see the end of this project (for this year, it'll get easier for updates, i'm sure). basically, content creation for a driving / riding edumacational application. hence teh boring bits of video like this - text and images, in video format
    obviously, that is but a short clip of a much longer and more boring sequence of images :) hehe

there are some 'live action' videos, too. and animations... but, meh...
    I was going to say that some of those steps would be better in vidjo
    well, there are something along the lines of twelfty bajillion steps involved, so still images was deemed best/easiest/quickest for this particular one.

tomorrow sees me doing something similar for a car - interior and exterior. shame the weather is going to suck and i'll have to do it in an underground car park... i'll have to run a mile long extension cable to get some lights down there heh
    I meant eg "check the foot brake for play etc" bit
  • edited April 2008
    nothing mind blowing, but this is a mockup of my next business card.
    The lighter red rectangular area around the MW is to indicate the blind emboss.
    Going on solid red stock, just printing single black line of info.

my business card
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 5:41AM
    two words:

LOVE RED!
    I feel bad for neglecting this thread, but as far as I can tell I can't really post much of what I'm doing without getting in all kinds of trouble. It's not top secret or anything fun like that, it's just a lot of animation for a U.S. biology textbook...and I guess they don't want any of their content appearing before the next edition is out (the turnaround seems unusually s-l-o-w). We've done about 45 minutes worth of stuff so far -- I'd have been better off coming up with an idea for a feature film, 'cos I'd be halfway there by now. heh.
    modo, that sounds cool! Can't wait to see something
    nah, it's not that cool. Some bits are...occasionally I can impart a little mondo flavour, but the specifications are pretty tight. The overall look has evolved over the past couple of years, though, so I guess I can take credit for part of that.
    nicko said...I meant eg "check the foot brake for play etc" bit
    yeah, i gathered you only meant for specific ones. like i said - that was only 4 out of a kajillion step process, to go throwing bits of video in amongst the stills would be a) time consuming to capture, 2) time consuming to integrate, iii) footage wouldn't quite match the stills.

but i agree that it could be done better - just like every other aspect of this project. but having mentioned it a few times and getting stonewalled, i'm keeping schtum and looking forward to something else to work on.
  • edited May 2008
    enjoy - it's getting worked by the client as we speak

the final thing will be a fullscreen interactive cd
    nice, oB :)

hope the client doesn't fuck it up too much for you ;)
  • edited May 2008
    link updated with most of the clients amends - they're not bad - still need to add a popup with a hires image
    note: the labels that seem to cut off need to be edited down to fit the area
    overbyte - i like the way the popups come up - very smooth. Looks like a lot of hours of your life on this, no?
  • edited May 2008
    ohhhhh yeh - although tbh, once i learned how to use as3 and got tweener licked, it came pretty quickly - Tweener is used for all of the animation on this project - it's been a huge boon for me on this (some people prefer tweenlite/max etc but this is the one i went for and i've got no complaints - might change my mind if i have to use it in a pop up, tho)

btw - added a level of zoom on the image in the popup - cookie for the first person to work out how to access it (i'd like to see if it's obvious or needs a note to say how to do it)
    you just click on the picture and it jumps bigger. where's my cookie??
    /cookie LaFemmeMikita

thankyou LFM :)
  • edited May 2008
    up the arse-nal

lol :D
    to be fair, we'll call that finished now.
  • edited June 2008

seafood, yum!
    ha ha
    lol !
    /me amends pitch collateral
    this looks much betterer in real life, honest.
    more highbury images - almost finished

The design seems highly functional. I thought it might make a nod towards the art deco original...
    And i can't believe Robert Pires paid a huge amount of money for one of those?!
    meska said...And i can't believe Robert Pires paid a huge amount of money for one of those?!
    what are you saying?

actually the ones in the converted stand are MASSIVE - i'll see if i can find a section to up'
  • edited June 2008
    early draft for an university journal. don't be too rude, I am an amateur after all ;-)

Cover
    Spread with feature article
    i like it. though, i'd likely change the indented first lines on the paragraphs, and add some space between them instead. and not have hyphenation on (this may end up making some of the justified lines look odd). try it ragged right, rather than justified, and make the gutter widths a little wider, too :)
  • edited June 2008
    thank you ;-) your advice is highly appreciated.

changed justified text to ragged and added space above first line in paragraph. switched off hyphenation – couldn't really increase gutter width much though as I am on a tight budged with space... the format is supposed to be a4, and I have to fit as much copy as possible a rather limited space ... university cut funds and more pages means overall higher production costs (e.g. no glueing but stapling pages together), higher shipping fees ... so – yeah. tight packed pages on cheap paper it will be :-(

but I wanted it to look kick-ass none the less, hence the (relative) generous negative space, boxy headlines and tacky line-band-flow thingie on each page.
    it may look better with justified lines - the ragged right was only a thought, really :)
    remember to print these ideas out on paper, rather than try to decide if they work or not by looking at them on-screen. it'll make a world of difference.
  • edited June 2008
    I guess I stick to this version – wider gutter, still justified, no hyphenation, space before rather than indent on first line. I am quite happy with it :-)
    new spread

pages with shorter text (like book critiques and such) will look like this – need to fit 5.000 chars on one page ... maybe I'll add lines to help make things clearer

book critique page
    Unity test 1

This is a test spread from the current brochure I'm working on. The photography is from the current location I am working on (I cant reveal it yet until the job is launched). It will make sense when you see the whole story ! So Ive shown more product based shot here as opposed to a location influenced shot.

The greyish text will be an aquamarine/greyish metallic. There will also be a semi opaque overlay page with a technical drawing, this will overlay a render of the illustration which will be on the text page. Some of the pages will be solid metallic with text reversed out.