your work, in progress

Comments

• edited 1:40AM
    chris said...lol, i didn't.

those swooshy things are made up of thousands of little "tl;dr"s :D

also, the colours came out a bit crappy in the photo. oh well.

//edit
    that's a 12 column grid, in case anyone was wondering...
    lol @ tl;dr's
    12 columns? 2 would have sufficed
    hehe
    fwiw, i don't like it. i much prefer it with only the text on the page.
    me too
    at least with some colour (and being so text heavy) it may attract some attention
    i'd hang this version on a wall, but not at a0 hehe. maybe i'll knock one up using lipsum, yo.
  • edited March 2008
    good idea. That'd give you the chance to enlarge the headline'n shit. Ya get me?

This is STILL ongoing work Chris...
    I like that, Nicko. How long has it been going on? Spill the beans!
    And this is new...

Since November squap
    sheesh! I hate it when a job just wont get put to bed. You get sick of looking at it. That looks cool though mate.
    Thank you
    i'm sick of everything i'm working on now :)
    I know the feeling. We've been totally dead in here. No work for 2 weeks apart from those logos - Hence the volume of posts here !
    nicko said...

this is on press today... I hate it :awkward:
    I know it's a little late but Siemens - fuck me - I know those jobs suck.

Had the unfortunate encounter with them and their 'guildelines' at my last job.
    new comic up tomorrow - third one is being coloured now - gotta get ahead of it before i go away in april ;)
    http://www.jkemppainen.com/nissan/
    heh...the body language of those silhouettes would seem to indicate that they won't be together for very long...
    i don't normally post work because it's always got the company name all over it and i don't really want my name associated with the company because of things i say, etc. this time, i was able to just cover up the logo. so if you see some large blank spots at the top bar and the first few pages, that's why. anyway, this is for an iPhone app we're working on to search home listings, agents, etc. i'm doing a mockup of the flow of the app, so some spots are missing, etc. also, all that info is fake in case anyone was wondering.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3
    Dammit, I was looking forward to purchasing some fine Tallahassee real estate from Joe Smith...he has either a pale grey moustache or a feline upper lip.
    it's a feline upper lip :happy:

here's another project i'm working on. it's pretty rough at the moment, but it's for a t-shirt for a non-profit i'm a part of called global peace exchange. we'll be selling these at some of the events we have coming up to try and raise money for the trip we're taking to rwanda this summer.

GPE Shirt
    app looks cool - i take it that a lot of the elements are core whatever bits and pieces? the houses certainly seem quite cheap :)

that map - looks pretty good already (so that's the reason you were looking for type heavy illustrations) - i'd like to see it without the solid and dotted lines, too!
    also, we've recently come to a complete non-agreement on packaging for a particular project here. we'll be going with the most unbalanced, cluttered and shit design because "it is certainly the most balanced and clean..." design they have seen. i don't think i'll be posting that anywhere. i'll have to find a utility to strip all record of my name / computer name / MAC address from the files that go to print.

clunts.
    Ticks all the boxes eh Chris?
    the last change required for it was a "make the logo bigger", i kid you not.
    ;)
    chris said...app looks cool - i take it that a lot of the elements are core whatever bits and pieces? the houses certainly seem quite cheap :)
    Yeah, I got kind of lucky as was able to find a pretty good archive of all the built-in stuff that comes on the iPhone. It's not really been all that much design work, just kind of tedious stuff placing all the elements everywhere since for the most part, they're all already built.. :awkward:
    chris said...that map - looks pretty good already (so that's the reason you were looking for type heavy illustrations) - i'd like to see it without the solid and dotted lines, too!
    Thanks! Yeah, I've been kind of sort of working on this for a month or so just trying to gather ideas and what not. I'd actually been working on it on my own as a way to raise funds for my trip in particular, then last Friday at our weekly meeting, lo and behold "We need a t-shirt, can anyone design one?" So this weekend and the past few days I've been scrambling to get it done. I finished the rest of the blank spots last night, today I've got to fix those lines a bit as they don't all line up quite right. I also need to change the colors as it's going to be going on a tan shirt. I'm thinking black and orange at the moment. Anyway, I'll post it when I finish along with one without the lines for ya. :smile:
    finished already: http://www.mobilerules.org/
    Hey juss, did you create that whole site?
    nah, just the videos for the event with 2 friends. They will be online someday.
    latest comic from thefieldcomic.com

latest comic at the 'field

;oB
    Ha ha, awesome :happy:
    Good stuff oB ;)
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 1:40AM
    Love it, overbyte!
    toilet

no seat yet. otherwise, ready for action.
  • Ve.Ve.
    fantastic! :happy: What's she made of...?
  • edited April 2008
    monday's is almost ready
    =oB
  • Ve.Ve.
    overbyte said...monday's is almost ready
    =oB
    Looking forward!!!
    wood frame, hardware cloth, paper mache (sculptamold) and a joint compound skimcoat. the show is next week.

the funniest thing is it's attached to a rolling three-sided set piece, great to see it go around the stage.

i wanted to attach a cowbell to the handle, but the director might have gotten a little upset.
  • Ve.Ve.
    FUN!:happy:
  • edited April 2008
    nice work bull!.. heh

"a joint compound skimcoat." Did you use hotmud?
    heh no, i paid for it.

ok, joking. garden-variety mud, blues...think it's got some acrylic in it, or something...large-particle sanding for less airborne dust. didn't think it would matter, but it did. also didn't get any cracking in thick spots which really surprised me.

it has to seat two (one on top of the other) in the scene, so it's heavily over-built, and there's a caster directly under the center of the bowl.

the thing that makes me happiest about it is, it's finally out of my livingroom.
  • edited April 2008
    monday's (today's) comic
    tru story

love obie
  • edited April 2008
    obie, the toons are sweet as pie. :)

bull, it's a 2 seater? :) how homey. that's a deliciously whimsical toilet scupture. well done.
    I'm liking it OB
  • Ve.Ve.
    Great stuff!
    @ bull...

wouldn't it have been cheaper just to get a used one? :D