your work, in progress

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In progress? Probably another goddamned Pokemon Go news article. :(

Oh, and there's this. I got a 5,1 Mac Pro to benchmark faster than the Coke Can Mac Pro, so there's that.
  • oOOooooo! running on nitrous, eh?
  • It's strange owning the fastest Mac ever once again, after a brief stint at the top of the heap with the G4 500.
  • edited August 2016
    Biff.. I've been following your articles . Excellent Work! A job very well done.. :)
  • edited September 2016
    been making some stuff for hints and that for within apps. these will appear as multiple slides, and have a little text blurb - "swipe to reveal further info", and "tap, swipe, or poke the menu to navigate". well, that kind of thing, anyway.

• I didn't see anything wrong with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • oh, new paged
  • edited September 2016

new one to go with the others.
  • that's the last of these for a while, hopefully. uh.
  • I like apps with bevels on type as it provides a continuum from screen to surrounding objects...just my lunch time 3pence worth of observation otherwise love them all especially transport via banana x
  • we've kind of sold these apps now, but continuing development. i do hope that we can keep these icons, rather than use their current 'branded icon' types for them.

we'll see...
  • oh, some video things i've been asked to contribute towards (someone else is doing the actual editing of footage we've recently shot, this is for some on-screen stuff to accompany voiceover).

not sure of the exact content needed, but I've done this in a way that is easily done in AE for the guy doing the editing of said vid. the coloured squares will animate on to screen ('fold in' from behind each previous segment, or fold down in to place) as the voice-over, errr, voices-over. simple stuff, really.
  • question:
    is the four hour drive considered in 24 hours or say over a two week holiday period because otherwise it makes no sense :D
  • The last one? Depends ;)
  • Any one of 10 different "OH CHRIST MY SAMSUNG NOTE 7 PHONE EXPLODED" articles...
  • Hehe keeping you busy :D
  • been messing with these again, to add to the portfolio that no one sees.

• so fucking bored, guys :D

anyone have any freelance going spare?
  • seems like i've left that ai file on my desktop at the office, rather than on dropbox. bugger.
  • so fucking bored, guys :D

anyone have any freelance going spare?
    Some local pole dancers need a new routine...interested?

:D
  • my choreography may not be up to scratch, i'm afraid.

~adds 'choreography' to linkedin skills anyway...
  • edited December 2016
    [spoiler]image

image[spoiler]
  • properly in progress, but i quite like a lot of those. oh, yeah, gotham (i know! lol)
  • Oh, torn between the line-drawn plan and paper-plane :!:

But, like.
  • I've got a feeling that this will be going the way of the paper plane. Most likely the middle bottom one. I wonder if it's just not going to age well, though... Looks like a Star Trek communicator, or something out of stargate :D
  • edited February 2017

at least i've started on this now :D it'll be more of the same, carousel menu interaction thing.
  • Such animated.
  • Much zip and zooping, indeed!
  • Sorry, I'm not up-to-date on the current technical terminologies. ;)

I'm working on a site that wants to work like a book but it's just not really going to work like a book (or a catalog) and I'm near to scrapping it and doing something conventional. I'm so bored of conventional, though.
  • edited April 2017
  • needs a bit of finessing, sure...

The full bleed photo screens are ‘book covers’ which you can swipe between (list view for all books and other available publications via top left icon). Swiping up on a book cover reveals further info on your subscription etc. Tapping open the book. Pull down checks for updates (also auto check on app launch, anyway).
  • Catchy name, too.
  • edited October 2017
    because drag and drop adds so much value to the user experience here. *le sigh*
  • what?

have you seen HQ Trivia (app)? super fun...made by a friend (who also created Vine)...
  • Nope? I’ll habe a look now.
  • Oh I’m not going to put my phone number in that.
  • do it!

they are a real company - i can vouch for them. but, you won't be able to play along until 8pm your time tonight.
  • ok, see how alive i am after the kids get to bed :D
  • edited October 2017
    in other news, just found this old thing in my dropbox folder...

lol :D

he was quite impressed with that, anyway. which was probably a mistake on my part - we could have actually ended up hiring a proper photographer, or something.
  • you vectored that?

or just spent a year in photochop?