[UI/UX] summly - beautiful and concise summaries

edited November 2012 in creations
this shit is hot fresh yo, check it once, check it twice.

http://summly.com/

Simple, intuitive and elegant. Summly redefines news for the mobile world with algorithmically generated summaries from hundreds of sources. Innovative gestures, animations and great summaries make reading the news fun: easy to use, easy to scan, easy to read, clear and concise.

Comments

• it's got a heap of bad reviews, regarding the navigation, and people being dumb.

i think it's an interesting approach, and a quick learning step later and it becomes so natural and easy to use.

stuff like this HAS to exist in order to push touch forward in any discernable way, imo.
  • Umm, yes, interesting.

They've got some interesting backing (other than Mr Fry). I might give it a go on my iPod T. which I've been using quite a bit for news.

You've got it installed I guess?
  • yup, but only after having a twiddle with it on some office iDevices. it downloads a sizable video on first run, but it's all part of a 'nearly-there' user experience, which is quite nice. it's instructional, and merely nudges the user in the direction of a gesture only interface.

if there's one thing which left me a bit flat, it's when swiping back out of a submenu, you have no way of going straight back in to where you were. like a 'back' button, or an undo of sorts. nothing major, but if we're picking...