Screwy Safari

edited October 2011 in conversations
I don't understand what's going on with Safari. I cloned my other iMac's drive recently and put that copy onto my current iMac, which I've used for a long time, and has worked fine.

Most web sites come up without a problem, although it does seem rather sludgy and slow at times.

But whenever I try to connect to some https login sites, I get this kind of message:
Safari can’t open the page “https://www.brokerage.ca/security_client/login.do” because Safari can’t connect to the server “www.brokerage.ca”.
I've had to open Chrome and checked my accounts and what forth using that. I should note that Chrome lets me login (even using 1Password) on all the sites Safari seems to be blocking me from.

Any idea how to get Safari's secure connection working properly again? (no problem logging into some of my torrent trackers. but others give me the same kind of message, and no problem with sites, such as this one, that I leave myself logged in)

Comments

• edited 8:36AM
    If it was all browsers I'd say the firewall or parental controls was to blame, some screwy or corrupt thing there of but...?!

Might be worth just checking and resetting those?
    i've had problems with secure sites and safari before now. all it took was to restart safari and i could then access the sites (not ideal, right?) now i just use chrome as my main browser anyway heh
    I did have a cleanout and restart of Safari, but don't know if that's what fixed the problem.

Just gave it a try this morning, and voila, everything working as it should. I think it's the inconsistency as much as anything else that bothers me.
    i had that issue a few times but i thought it was becasue i was jumping between wireless networks.. uni and home.. but seen as though you are on an imac i guess that wasnt the problem afterall hehe
    maybe his imac has castors on it? :D