not your normal treehouse.

edited May 2017 in creations
by any stretch of the imagination!

awesome shaker-style treehouse build photosawesome shaker-style treehouse build photos
treehouse - @ eilas photography
For those of you who don’t know how amazing my husband it, here is a glimpse. He has almost single-handedly remodeled our house, room by room, over the last 7 years. We still have a few more projects in the house, but he was persuaded to work outside this time on a treehouse for our kids. I always wanted a treehouse as I was growing up and never got the chance to have one, so when he told our kids last year that he would build one for them, I made him deliver on that promise!

It took him a bit longer than expected because he is a perfectionist and a beautiful designer, so it evolved as he built it. But, the end result was definitely worth it. The kids are thrilled and I am so proud of him.

image image

I documented the process with my iphone, but took some final photos with my good camera, both at night and daytime. Enjoy!
awesome shaker-style treehouse build photosawesome shaker-style treehouse build photos

you'd be daft not to go to the site to check out the other photos, inspirational!

image image

/me readies the mitre saw and tape measure...

Comments

• edited 1:05PM
    Nice.
  • edited 1:05PM
    awww... Very nice work.. Good job!! :heart:

It’s well known that Sequoia’s are some of the largest and most impressive trees on earth. Their size is legendary, and some can live to be thousands of years old. In a strange concept that borders on science fiction, Evolo talks about merging man with nature, with their Giant Sequoia Skyscraper Concept. Imagine a man-made structure carefully built inside of a failing sequoia, a tree that is dying either to age or pests or fire damage. The skyscraper-like form factor would allow for many stories of habitability above ground, as well as below, utilizing an underground built space as well. The idea is strange and fascinating, a concept that investigates our relationship to nature, our ability to harness it, but also to potentially prolong it’s life.