LAN Issues with PC Laptops

edited March 2007 in conversations
Our LAN setup at work consists of a router wired into a set of hubs. The points connected correspond to wired macs plugged in at data points throughout the building. An airport router also hangs of one of the points on the hub. I have no problems with wired or wireless macs accessing the network, however, i do have issues with PC laptops that clients etc bring into our work. When a connection is attempted to the wireless, in the microsoft wireless client i can connect, however looking at the Status, the DHCP server on our router fails to allocate the correct network range/gateway details to the PC laptop. I always have to either plug in a wire into the laptop and/or enter the TCP/Gateway/DNS details manually. I suspect this is because the Airport router is not allocating the correct 192.168.x.x range to the PCs, and is always distributing the incorrect range 10.0.x.x in all the fields. How do i fix this?
I'd just like the PC laptop users to just hit their wireless access, type in password and et voila surf the web, etc...

~Pulling what little hair i have left out...

Comments

• edited 1:12PM
    Why don't you just set the airport to distribute 192.168.x.x? You don't have to leave it at 10.0, bu that shouldn't be an issue.
    How do i that? Using Airport Admin util?
    might want to make sure that an intel wireless client or whatever oem client isnt trying to override the windows connection tool on each of the lappys, the ip range doesnt matter
  • edited March 2007
    I turned off the custom wireless client on the PC to access the Microsoft one only. It still doesn't work 100%. The funny thing is yesterday, our client came over and she connected no probs. She popped out to lunch, and when she came back, it stopped working, although nothing had changed on her computer.
    Okay using Airport Admin Utility, i try and connect to the base station. I put in password, and after about 20 secs it reports that there is an error in reading the configuration file?!?! Does this mean i need to (re)set it up? Looking on Apple support...
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, I'd reset it. Also, make sure it's able to be administered from the connection path you're on (as you can disable wireless configuration on an ABS)
    When i meant re set up, i meant via the Airport Setup assistant. Do you mean that way or just doing a hard/soft button reset instead? Also ABS what's that mean?

Thanks Biff
    (airport base station)
    ~slaps self very hard