Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 bundles and Euro pricing revealed

edited March 2007 in conversations
Exclusive: Adobe Systems Inc. will announce Tuesday that its highly-anticipated Creative Suite 3.0 software suite will be available in six distinct bundles with European pricing ranging from €999 to €2799, AppleInsider has learned.

Exclusive: Adobe Systems Inc. will announce Tuesday that its highly-anticipated Creative Suite 3.0 software suite will be available in six distinct bundles with European pricing ranging from €999 to €2799, AppleInsider has learned.

Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard and Premium
A suite targeted towards media professionals will be called "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Design." It will be offered in both "Standard" and "Premium" bundles that fetch €1269 and €1999, respectively.

For print and publishing professionals, the "Standard" bundle will package InDesign 3.0, Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3 and Acrobat 8 Professional. The "Premium" version will be geared more towards cross-media and graphics designers, adding Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, and swapping out Photoshop CS3 for Photoshop CS3 Extended.

Adobe Creative Suite Web Standard and Premium
The San Jose-based Adobe will also offer a pair of bundles specifically for Web developers as part of its "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Web" suite.

The "Standard," and most affordable of all six Creative Suite 3.0 bundles, will cost €999 and include Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks CS3, and Contribute CS3. A €1699 "Premium" package will also cater to web "designers," adding Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, and Acrobat 8 Professional.

All Creative Suite 3.0 Web and Design suites, be it the Standard or Premium bundles, will also include Adobe Bridge CS3, Version Cue CS3, Device Central CS3, Stock Photos, and Acrobat Connect.

Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium
With film and video production professionals within its cross-hairs, Adobe also plans to roll out a €1999 suite called "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Production Premium." In addition to Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, and Flash CS3 Professional, the package will include After Effects CS3 Professional, Premier Pro CS3, Soundbooth CS3, and Encore CS3.

Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection
For those pro users and institutions that want all Adobe has to offer, a €2799 "Adobe Creative Suite 3.0 Master Collection" will provide just that. It'll include InDesign CS3, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, Acrobat 8 Professional, Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, Fireworks CS3, Contribute CS3, After Effects CS3 Professional, Premier Pro CS3, Soundbooth CS3, and Encore CS3.

Both the Production Premium and Master Collection suites will also come with Adobe Bridge CS3, Version Cue CS3, Device Central CS3, Stock Photos, Acrobat Connect, Dynamic Link, OnLocation CS3, and Ultra CS3. The only exception is the omission of Version Cue CS3 from the Production Premium bundle.

Most applications in the six-bundle release will be both Mac- and Windows-native, including all major components and their companion tools (Acrobat Connect, Bridge, Device Central, Dynamic Link, Stock Photos, and Version Cue). Only the Production Premium and Master Collection suites' video companion programs (OnLocation and Ultra) are limited to Windows systems.

Adobe plans to officially celebrate the global launch of Creative Suite 3.0 at a special event in New York City on Tuesday, March 27th. However, the software will not ship until sometime later this Spring.

appleinsider.com

Comments

• ihcihc
    edited 6:47PM
    1no. creative suite design premium please
  • edited 6:47PM
    What is Photoshop Extended?
  • edited March 2007
  • edited March 2007
    echoes:What is Photoshop Extended?
    It's the new PhotoShop, but wth light motion graphics capabilities and 3D stuff.
    Here is a comparison

Is it just me of did Adobe lie about not killing off GoLive? It was a program I wanted to learn to complement my knowledge of Dreamweaver. At least there is no Freehand.

Personally I want a version of Master collection w/o Premier, Encore and soundbooth. I need a package Design Premium, but with After Effects or like Web Premium, but with InDesign.

BTW - I noticed the quotes for web "designer" under Web Standard and Premium. Nice.
    I am buing the premium suite. It has all I need and lots of stuff I don't need too.
    I wonder if they will finally fix illustrator.
  • ihcihc
    edited 6:47PM
    is it broken?
    whoohoo! can't wait for my ASN download.

been playing with PS and Bridge for about two months now.
    Fuck that's expensive by the way... Weeps.
  • edited March 2007
    harkjohnny:whoohoo! can't wait for my ASN download.

been playing with PS and Bridge for about two months now.
    Me too, I've been using the PS Beta daily and aside from the brush-size bug (i'm sure they've worked it out for the final) I love it. Bridge though, has some nice features, but continuously crashes on both of my machines. It looks like it has some nice features, but it never stayed open long enough for me to get my hands dirty in it. Hopefully that's another bug they'll have fixed.
    I must say, i think the PS and Extended Betas have been the best betas used in a long time. We use it in our production environment already!
    ihc, have always thought illustrator as the weak link.

It's type tools are minimal, automation clumsy and path tools leave a lot to be desired. I find the path handling in 3D applications much better. And that is a tad worrisome.

And don't get me started on the messed up swatch bugs.
    After going through the whole suite's updates to the individual apps, I'm pumped. Love the additions for Flash CS3 (Indesign too). Totally aimed at the designer.
    did anyone catch the mid-show half hour hitch? oh dear! Very professional!

like the sound of all the cross-app integration - sounds great, can't wait :D
    i'd be much happier being able to pick'n'mix from the line-up than having to buy the master bundle and not use 1/3 of the apps... ;)
    chris:i'd be much happier being able to pick'n'mix from the line-up than having to buy the master bundle and not use 1/3 of the apps... ;)
    Agreed, I have no use for their video solutions other than After effects, which I may not even use, since I have motion. Been getting better at it too...
  • edited March 2007
    downloading my PreRelease of CS3 Design Premium right now :P

i could give the link but I'd have to knock off every one of you fazy luckers! and that would be too hard.

(it's only 2559.3MB!) yowzers!
    bastid!! here with the link!!! now!!!!! NOW!!!!!!
    hmmmm so how long for the 30 day trial for us minions? :p
    chicken:bastid!! here with the link!!! now!!!!! NOW!!!!!!
    somewhere on http://something.com....... / something / or other /
  • edited March 2007
    thanks for the real link, hark!

//edit, nm, this was supposed to be a whisper... :D
    This came out just as our corporate headquarters was set to order me Dreamweaver/Flash Pro. :surprised:

I am glad they were already set to make a purchase, because now I've shown them that for around half the cost, they can upgrade me accross the board, and add Dreamweaver/Flash at the same time. End of April can't come soon enough! :happy:

~happy designer
  • edited April 2007
    haha.... just thought to post that comic myself when i saw the thread name ..lol