Adobe Unveils Creative Suite 5.5 With New Subscription Payment Plan

edited April 2011 in conversations
Linky

"Today also sees Adobe debut an affordable and flexible subscription-based pricing plan, attractive to customers that want to get current and stay current on Creative Suite products, have project-based needs, or try the software for the first time. New Subscription Editions ensure customers are always working with the most up-to-date versions of the software, without the upfront cost of full pricing. With subscription pricing customers can use flagship products, such as Adobe Photoshop for as little as US$35 per month, Adobe Design Premium CS5.5 for US$95 per month, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection for US$129 per month."

Hmm. Some cool stuff and a nice entry level pricing structure but it basically weds you to the products. Which I guess everyone pretty much is.

Comments

• edited 1:02AM
    I hear Flash will only be $5.00 a month..
    I'd pay them $5.00 a month if they made me never to have to use it again.
    Ha!
    What I want/need is not a lower cost Adobe but a considerably lower fat Adobe!

Now if they had a system whereby I could just buy the tools that I need…
    pixelmator!

inkscape!

i know, i know...
  • mutherfuckers! after your first year is up, they put you onto another year. meaning, if you try to cancel they will bill you for the rest of that year. seriously, how is this a way to treat a customer after the first year?

anyways, i'm at 11 months in my second year so i can handle another month.

be warned...put that annual date in your calendar and ask yourself, do i really care about this anymore.

here i come Sketch.
  • haha yeah, subscription models (with punitive cancellation policies) are whack!
  • Yes, I'm looking at how little I've used some of this this year – other than Photoshop – and wondering about its value. I'm still largely using features that were there ten years ago in Illustrator/InDesign, etc!

…and being able to use 16-bit more widely across Photoshop is the only thing I was interested in when they did that! Fluck the warp tool!