Mac Mini Server with Snow Leopard Server install

edited March 2011 in conversations
Is there any way i can install SL Server for the 2010 Mac Mini Server without using a screen connected to Mini? I have a MBPro and i put the Mini into Target Firewire using FW800 and tried to using the optical drive in the MBPro, but it wouldn't let me, it would only let me do it via a TM machine backup restore - which i don't have. I haven't got the right adapter to plug in a screen.

Help!

Comments

• edited 4:46PM
    Would this be any good? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.6/en/21219.html
  • edited March 2011
    You could make a bootable install disk on a usb or firewire partition.. I keep OSX install on an usb partition. No need to use optical drive and dvd disk. You also get a much faster install. And It's good to have when you want to run disk repair.
    You should be able to do it using server admin on your MacBook Pro. I've never tried it in practice but in theory you should be able to boot the server from the OS Install disk and then use Server Admin, in the 'Server' menu you should find 'Install Remote Server...'
    i had a similar question. in the end i asked on freecycle if anyone had a shitty old monitor. when i was done and set up the headless mac i offered same monitor back to freecycle.
  • edited March 2011
    posted in wrong thread: ignore
    It won't have any of it. This particular Mini Mac Server needs to see it's own disk via remote (disk) install only. I could do the ethernet install, via Remote Install, but it's an effing pain.

I've ordered a Mini DVI to VGA adapter of Amazon, luckily another client has left his VGA monitor with me.