Heroes

edited March 2007 in conversations
Anyone watch?

Comments

• edited 4:17AM
    no actually, when was it on?
    SciFi on Mondays in UK. Ep 6 was on last night.
    oh, any good?
    I'm watching.

Is decent. I hate the split personality chick tho.
    Just started watching, cannot give an informed review yet, but some of the acting sucks.
  • edited May 2007
    acting, stories, dialogue and characters are poo.

I'm still watching it though.
    yeah - it's strangely addictive..
    i think it's the whole leading up to something big that grabs you - it feels like it could all finish in 1 series rather than doing a Lost.
    Evidently, next season is new heroes.

That's the word on the street, at least.
    so, what's it all about then? or do i have to google?
    Strongly serialized drama about supernatural powers manifesting themselves in everyday people.
  • edited May 2007
    The show is awesome. Apparently, the show will be broken up in volumes (read: season). Every Volume completes the story line and every new volume starts a new one, with new characters. This allows every episode to be cliffhanger like, yet give the viewers the resolution to story arcs that they wait all season for, instead baiting, switching and dragging out (lost, i'm looking in your direction...). Jeph Loeb is the executive producer (who wrote some amazing stories, like Batman: Long Halloween, and Dark Victory as well as the Original Hush story arc) and his usual collaborator Tim Sale (who did all the artwork for the above mentioned books, minus hush, but including much more) does all of the character Isaac Mendez's paintings. Jeph Loeb also wrote for Smallville and Lost, up until the second season, when he left for Heroes.

Personally, I love the show. It really is like watching a well written comic unfold, with the understanding it's not to be confused with War & Peace.

This is a pretty good wiki site for the show, but I don't know how far along it is in the UK, so there may be a lot of spoilers.
    oh man you guys aren't on the heroes bandwagon yet??

I LOVE this show!!!

I have nothing new to add except your geek status will be revoked unless you watch!
    Caught the latest last night. Here in Oz we are up to Chapter Eight - Seven Minutes to Midnight. Where is everyone else at?
    Heroes rocks! I'm up to Chapter 18, the latest, its a really great show, my favourite Character is definately Hiro the Trekky who can bend time and space.

Get it from here: http://www.mininova.org/sub/416
    Yeah, I think its awesome. Apart from the odd poor act, its great. thoroughly addictive as well.

I watched 6 this week but need more, so I'll have to find alternative means :wink:
    Have resisted the urge to d/l so far but have been recording to watch later. Am staying in a house at the moment with people who are NOT fans.

granted, are you in the US of A?
    I'm super hooked on this show. god damn that mini season break or whatever they call it.
    This program is great... and yes, I second that god damn on the mini break
    I'm up to date now. And what the f..ck is it with these mini breaks? I mean, have they no respect !!!
    ehh I watched a couple and couldnt get into it.
    I hate tv schedules... damn show was off for like 5 week in Dec/Jan... and then started up, for like 2 weeks, took a break.

Christ... no wonder I use Joost and BitTorrent to watch tv! :happy:
    I'm upto 18 now. Excellent series so far. Is there more than 18 for the first series, or was that it?
    no 18 is where they left off before they air the final 5 starting April 23rd for those of us stateside

I hate TV scheduling too - studio 60 has gone on damn near permanent hiatus.
    think studio 60 is dead...not sure, ...pisses me off, i liked that show too!
    Heroes rules...good fun!
    Roll on the 23rd
    Anyone watch the finale?
    I did. It was ok, albeit not as grand as I would have wanted it to be.
    I liked it. It will be interesting to see how it progresses into the next season as far as character development.
    Liked everything up until the last 4-5 minutes..made me say "Eh!"
    i wont be wasting anymore of my life on that show. There was one decent episode from that whole season and it sure as hell wasn't the finale.

There is not one character in heroes that doesn't make me want to punch them within 1 second of them appearing onscreen.
    heh...yes, jesse, until last night I'd always had the excuse that there was something on another channel I'd rather see (sometimes I like Spicks and Specks), but then they put it on a Thursday instead and I boneheadedly came home and watched it. I wanted to kill that guy with the flaming jazz hands immediately.
    its a shame he cant die then … except when he does.

I can't stand the story line convenient superpowers more than anything.
    I've already seen episode 5 and 6 when it was on TV, but I stopped because I would like to see it from the start (as anyone would :) I liked it so far...
    A friend of mine dl'ded 20 episodes, I will see it when possible...
  • edited May 2007
    jesse:its a shame he cant die then … except when he does.

I can't stand the story line convenient superpowers more than anything.
    No, he can die, just not by his own hands. That's why Bennett had the gun, to kill peter if he couldn't control his own powers. Personally, I like the concept of peter having to live with the burden of killing all those people. It adds something to blur the lines on what makes a hero and what makes a villan.
    THE LAST EPISODE OF THIS CHAPTER IS FRICKIN AWESOME - gutted about some of the stuff in it

and stuff (itches to exorcise the spoilers)
    Kind of like it inspite of its flaws.
    so can he only use one of his powers at a time?

I also couldn't figure out why he'd be invisible, then turn his back on the bad guy. Why wouldn't he be hovering up near the ceiling using his flying power?

I dunno … did i mention the dialogue sucks? It sounds like some a high school student might write, and then at least have the decency to be embarrassed about it.
    Might be an idea to state where you are. I think we are all watching different episodes. I'm in Oz and we just say the house burning down. Season 1, Episode 17: Company Man
    well im in Oz but i've been downloading them (why? I need something to do on the train …) so I've seen them all, unfortunately.
    That bad jesse?
  • edited May 2007
    watch them as they aired in N. America, the season ended last Monday on ep. 23

I think he's just learning how to control his powers, that why they had the fear of him not being able to control his powers and in effect plow up the city, so their fear were warranted. I'm surprised they accelerated his control as far as they did, not as many people who are just discovering what they can do as a good as his is, and he has more to learn that most.
    I think loved the whole series but I was expecting a bit more from the finale. Dont get me wrong, it was a great episode but I thought there would at least be a huge battle.
    Yeah the whole series wasn't toooo bad - the acting did suck in some places (but i didn't expect too much from this series). The ending was a let down, I thought it would really kick off between Sylar and Peter but alas. At least there was a plot (of some kind).

Moving on to The Wire (got 4 seasons to go through).

Also Heroes is coming to BBC1...
    hey, it started on bbc2, (ok, and bbc 3). so i started watching it. it's errm, well, it's ok so far, i guess. i've watched 4 so far, and i'm getting 'into it'.
  • edited August 2007
    base:...
    base, I couldn't agree more. ... indeed.

Heroes is starting over here in Germany soon. I will give it a look-see.
    studio 60 for me...runs like the clappers and then some.

Also Brothers and Sisters...started off crap but then, KAPOW instant success.

vortexual
    <3 heroes - waiting for the new series to... ah ... acquire
    i havent watched telly in weeks