stephen fry - the great female sexuality debacle

edited November 2010 in conversations
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/31/stephen-fry-twitter-newspaper-article-women

His remarks on women's motivation for sex were criticised by the journalist and feminist Rosie Boycott, who said: "Blah blah blah blah"

A feminist journalist has a complaint!? Gosh.

From another article on the subject (yeah, I know - it's not even news, right? http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/31/stephen-fry-sex-women-relationships-attitude), it sounds like he was just chatting in his normal humorous way -

"Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, 'Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!' But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?"

Come on, does that sound like he was being 100% serious? Did nothing of note happen on this weeks X Factor for you to write about instead?

Comments

• edited 6:56PM

This is a blogpost about Stephen Fry

This is a blogpost about Stephen Fry. Ooh, isn't it? Stephen Fry something or other did something. Twitterstorm, isn't it? Grumble grumble misogyny or something or nothing. Flouncing? Yes. On the receiving end for once. More than a million followers. Claims he's been misquoted, but, isn't it? Counterintuitive: is there really anything wrong with what he said? Countercounterintuitive: Yes, there was certainly something wrong, even though it might seem counterintuitive to ask if there's really anything wrong with what he said? Hmm, yes. Gay men talking about women? What would they know anyway? Or perhaps they would know, maybe? Don't rule that out. Jan Moir or something, yes. Self-styled Twitter guru now the Antichrist. Some examples of other celebrities on Twitter getting annoyed with stuff. Just the latest in a long line. Does it mark the end of the Twitter honeymoon for celebrities? Does it mark the end of Twitter in itself? Has the Twitter mob gone berserk, or is this just righteous indignation? I have no answers, just rambling prose. Counterintuitive: Fry's outburst and the subsequent storm proves that the mob he helped create has now turned on its idols. Countercounterintuitive: Fry's outburst is quite understandable really. Personal: I'm a woman and I love sex, Stephen Fry! Impersonal: I'm not a woman, but I love sex, Stephen Fry! Personal: I'm a gay man and I don't love sex, I love relationships, Stephen Fry! Impersonal: I'm not a woman, or a gay man, so I don't really know anything about any of this, but I'll harumph anyway. Yes. Stephen Fry or something, or nothing. The latest in a long line of Twitterstorms, ironically something about the irony of the situation.

Will this do?
    Lol. Storm in a Moab Washpot.
    I like diving into a woman with my beard and leaving chafe marks...
  • edited November 2010
    no.... you like muff diving and sniffing on your beard all day long. Can't say that I blame you. There's nothing like the smell of vagina (clinging on your face/beard) in the morning.
    I never want to wash my face afterwards.
    chicken said...no.... you like muff diving and sniffing on your beard all day long. Can't say that I blame you. There's nothing like the smell of vagina (clinging on your face/beard) in the morning.
    I'm busted, how true it is.. :)
    jussi-k said...I never want to wash my face afterwards.
    Don't forget your fingers.
    or your feet and fists
    or tongue.. most important after cunnilingus..