Lion? really...?
  • edited 2:55PM
    Nah, it's true
    Can't wait.
    Grrrr.
    Can't wait. Snow Leopard has been awesome, performance wise and functionality.
  • edited October 2010
    meska said...Can't wait. Snow Leopard has been awesome, performance wise and functionality.
    Nods

...it could also be a way for them to sort out the iTunes logos without anyone thinking it was a backdown! :happy:
    ha ha

nicko said...ha ha

Oh, quick, that's excellent (in a funny way)!

ROFL
    LMFAO @ nicko!!! :D
    :smile:
    haha :D
    so, app store for the mac! great news (for apple) :)
  • edited February 2011
    So far, not impressed.
    so you did, BIDdy!
    nicko said...So far, not impressed.
    Me neither. The big OS isn't or shouldn't be iOS. It makes us desktop workers look like chumps. Plus i like installing cracked software (bout the only exciting thing i do nowdays). Did i type that aloud!? Shit.
    I'm still installing crack on a regular basis. You should be ashamed of yourself :D
    Just wait for the jailbreak to become available before upgrading - simples.
    I'm liking the universal autosave and save state features.

⌘S is for wimps!
    I don't always want to save what I'm doing (if you see what I mean)
    I think it works more as a time machine for files. Incremental states are saved that you can scroll back through.
    Oh right, that sounds nice
    Is there an echo in here?! Or is it just me tinnitus !
    I don't like the launchpad but full screen Mail looks toight
    Bloody hell, there building OS X Server into it as well! And, I'm guessing they'll keep the price fairly low.

Did I see a couple of people shake their heads at the iOS like features, I don't mind those too much, I expect we'll be able to ignore a good number of them, if so desired.
  • edited February 2011
    For me, having the server tech is more than enough, i'm more than happy with that. Fuck the launch bar iPad gimmickry.

Mail looks like it finally doesn't need third party plugins to make it functional. :D
    meska said...For me, having the server tech is more than enough, i'm more than happy with that. Fuck the launch bar iPad gimmickry.
    Yes, I like that. I run a small OS X Server at the mo and I was imagining I wouldn't be able to afford to upgrade the OS when it went Lion, now I might just! :)
    meska said...

Mail looks like finally doesn't need third party plugins to make it functional. :D
    :happy:
    I use a recent applications pop up folder in the dock to launch my apps, usually, so launchpad is probably something I'll use instead.
    A whole new way to look at mail

that other people have been doing for years.
    erm... and how might that be? y'know, just for the lurkers that don't know *cough*
    Installing the developer seed on a partition today!
    Does it need authentication from the dev centre?
    from the comments ive read ~no, its upgrade though so i need to install snow first.I'll deal with all of this later when im drunk
    Just(literally JUST) installed it. The resize from any window corner seems nice but a bit sketchy, this a dev preview sooo~ want to play with the launch pad as i have yet to find any 3rd party app that i like for organizing apps and i think it looks nice!
    Seriously, i know I've read people who say they wouldn't like it, but launch pad kicks ass, i , its quick unassuming, and the only way i have ever liked organizing apps(ie. video apps, design apps, photo apps, audio apps) was making alias to a dock folder and that loses its splendor after awhile, I love the launch pad...I will say after seeing i ad a feeling i would, so if its not your thing hen its not but for me...i am very pleased
    i need to configure my mouse because for some reason my scroll is backwards and it makes me want to kill all
    it would be really cool if you could change the launchpad background when opening a folder(not sure if you can't~right now its a black texture~doesnt look bad)~ the dealt desktop picture of a mountain is highly annoying to me and slightly pinkish, but thats not why installed this
    all of the finder views are slightly modded but i like it, and quick view has a bit more info
    Little snitch which i installed prior to the upgrade is not working...this does not please me, but I'm not sure if i have the latest version
    orsonrockwell said...Little snitch which i installed prior to the upgrade is not working...this does not please me, but I'm not sure if i have the latest version
    It's not lion compatible yet ;)
    orsonrockwell said...i need to configure my mouse because for some reason my scroll is backwards and it makes me want to kill all
    Uncheck top box.
    back in snow now, all in all im pleased, the full size apps was quick, and the combination of spaces and expose rulz, like i said i love love love the launch pad...the resizing windows from anywhere seemed a little strange though, will play with it more later, but im happ
    I'm a liking the look of Lion a lot.

He's hoping that that they redevelop iTunes in line with Mail.
    i didn’t check out mail or itunes because i dint feel like setting up, but i dnt use mail i use postbox to keep track of all of the email accounts i have, some dedicated to clients thqat i have to deal with...i realy dont think i have ever liked any email client ever, postbox is cool because i can see all at once, but it looks archaich so that annoys me, but im a jackass about stupid stuff sometimes~ i hope this made sense, ~ never used mail, like postbox, but looks like BASIC(im exaggerating but it does look shitty)
    srriously though i think launchbox is the shit if you have a lot of apps, it’s a great way to compile groups and seemed to me (now granted i didn’t install a bucnh of crap) but it was fast as hel, and in all honesty would kill the use of about 3-4 3rd party apps that i have instaled to ttry and organize all of the crap i have instaled~ i dont mean to rant on and on, im sorry!
    orsonrockwell said...i didn’t check out mail or itunes because i dint feel like setting up
    One of the things people seem to be most excited about is the new redeveloped Mail app which is more in line with the iPad version. iTunes is as yet unchanged, however.
    Stuart said...

...iTunes is as yet unchanged, however.
    Damn, have they not sorted that friggin' logo yet! :happy:
    peak' said...Damn, have they not sorted that friggin' logo yet! :happy:
    I'm not particularly struck by the logo but I don't feel as strongly about it as a lot of people and I think it's the least of iTunes's worries. Not expecting a major version update until September though. Which is a pity.

You'd think that for their most widely used desktop software that they'd get it bloody right.
    Stuart said...
    You'd think that for their most widely used desktop software that they'd get it bloody right.
    Concurs!