a question of US real estate

edited August 2010 in advice
as some may know i'm working in the middle east and am working solo to put together a presentation for a new residential district on a prominent isthmus (think barry island but snazzier and hotter)

anyhow, I'm trying to describe some of the retail product on offer. traditionally if his were the UK i would be describing the apartments as being single, dual or triple aspect (no detached houses here). in case this doesn't translate, this is that rooms in the dwelling can look in 1,2 or 3 distinct directions. the more being the better

my question to my erstwhile post-colonial buddies is whether this terminology is the same int he US or what would be the alternative. I ask this because Mid-East real estate is almost entirely modelled on the US. (ground floor = first floor etc.)

t.i.a.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Apts? here they like to describe the view.. I.E.. Ocean View, Mountain View, Lotta Sand View, Noisy pitbulls in neighbors backyard view,don't look at the vile blueshead waking up view, etc.

Also we use both ground floor and first floor. The location in the building helps.. N.S.W E, by the corner,,center of building etc.., Morning light, afternoon light, etc..

First floor does sound better than ground floor,though.
  • edited 3:20AM
    say an apartment were in the southern end of a totally north-south block and had views ES & W - we'd describe that simply as triple aspect ... you?
    southern facing apartment with spacious view.
    Hey urb' I didn't realise you'd moved (until a comment of yours elsewhere here last week) hope things are going okay - plenty of sun I guess!?!

You've probably already thought of this but what about any realty (why do they call it that!! yanks! ;) ) sites - a quick search: http://www.dreamtown.com/
    all sorted now

time for bed said zebedee
    cool... boing....